SIAC Tournament

md85

On 1/20/2021 at 8:46 AM, SIACfan said:

I don't know what the IHSAA Covid rules are, but if an athlete has previously tested positive for Covid19 are they not still subject to close contact quarantine requirements?

My understanding is that they have a 90 day exemption from quarantine.

42 minutes ago, IU89 said:

MD winning going into finals with the JV team, except Boarman

Mater Dei wins the team title 209.5 - 206 over Jasper.  Jasper had a 285 in the Final but he lost to Memorial's Barry Duff 3-0.  Boarman was MD's only Champ  

Great day for Memorial.  They were without three weight classes and still cracked the top five, right behind Castle.

To top it off, their heavyweight beats Jasper, depriving them of the SIAC crown.

I look for the Tigers to make some noise in the post season.

Interesting to be able to showcase MD's depth. I had the privilege of being able to assist coach both Vanovers in grade school. Both are class acts. Glad to see they both did well today. Mom and Dad should be (I'm sure they are) proud! As for the rest of MD's showing, the guys did great and I can't wait to see what they show us in the future!

I think it's time for Jeb Prechtel of Jasper to enter the rankings.  Prechtel has wrestled with Maurer Coughlin for several years and is a solid wrestler.  Will he become a state qualifier this year as a Soph, I'm not sure.  But after today's win by fall over Aiden Farmer, I think he's on the cusp and dangerous.  

Swimfan you are correct! Jeb is a solid wrestler , not sure if this is his yr? I thought he was a top 10-12 wrestler

at 138 , Lost 15-5 to Alstott - Fl Cnt.  He was out most of December and comes back to line up at 152. Yes Great

day for him at SIAC.  But 152 is LOADED and  going to be a meatgrinder!!!  If he can come out of Bloomington 

Regional a #1 seed his chances will increase. JMT  , I wish the young man and the Jasper Program the Best of

Luck for the remainder of the Season.  Thanks BT19

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.