Dark Horses

22 hours ago, gsmith58 said:

At 106, Donnie Feeler is underrated. I am sure he's on the short list, but with all due respect to Mike, there is absolutely, no way that he is not a top twenty kid.

Hello , gsmith58 and wrestling fans.  I have to Respectfully disagree.  I like the Feeler kid and Hope he can get to State for ALL the Little Schools.

I am a numbers person & Realist. Most of todays youth are focusing on 1 sport and putting their Heart and Soul into it. The Standout 3/4 Sport

Athletes are Minimal today!!  Now with, that some substance on it.

1) Feeler has a LOSE to Schreck- CC  6-2 , he is ranked like #17 in the 106 class.

2) Schreck LOSE to N. Smith-SP 4-0 in the Old Capital Tourney past Saturday. Smith-SP is ranked #6 in 106.

3) Feeler made the EVSS ticket rd last yr losing to Kyler West -EV Rtz Mem. who went on to Place 6th 

4) Top 8 in the EV Semi State is the Final 32 kid in each class.  

5) I think Crawford County's SOS is no where near what Programs have around the Mooresville or Evansville Regionals.

He is a Good wrestler , hope the draw lines up to his Favor. Good Luck to all the young Men in these Crazy times!  BT19 

15 minutes ago, Bigtoe19 said:

Hello , gsmith58 and wrestling fans.  I have to Respectfully disagree.  I like the Feeler kid and Hope he can get to State for ALL the Little Schools.

I am a numbers person & Realist. Most of todays youth are focusing on 1 sport and putting their Heart and Soul into it. The Standout 3/4 Sport

1) Feeler has a LOSE to Schreck- CC  6-2 , he is ranked like #17 in the 106 class.

2) Schreck LOSE to N. Smith-SP 4-0 in the Old Capital Tourney past Saturday. Smith-SP is ranked #6 in 106.

3) Feeler made the EVSS ticket rd last yr losing to Kyler West -EV Rtz Mem. who went on to Place 6th 

5) I think Crawford County's SOS is no where near what Programs have around the Mooresville or Evansville Regionals.

He is a Good wrestler , hope the draw lines up to his Favor. Good Luck to all the young Men in these Crazy times!  BT19 

This off-season Feeler has wins over #3 Billerman x2 both by fall and a win over #14 Jalen May. I know that doesn’t necessarily translate to in-season but he’s definitely good enough to be ranked.

1 hour ago, Bigtoe19 said:

I suspect you know that's my son in 2), but if not over the years he's wrestled probably 60% or more of the kids on ranking list. Donnie is as tough as anyone. I kid you not.

The fact that Donnie isn't wrestling the top tier kids regularly is probably the reason he's not on the list. My guess is that he took a early loss to Schreck and hasn't had an opportunity to show himself since. At 106 practically anyone could beat anyone on a given day or even on the basis of the first takedown.

Losing to Schreck is not a bad loss and probably resulted from a cross wrist ride. I've seen it happen.

Great feedback. I see a lot of results, not the kids in action!  Not much in Crawford County , school are Smaller than on the 

Southside of Indy. So he's SOS will be totally different. (Not his Fault) Again I crunched numbers, Heart and Desire is unmeasurable.

True Wish all the Wrestlers the Best, Hope he can be the 1st ever to got o State for his School. Maybe this Can Fuel him. Thanks BT19

2 hours ago, bigballerb said:

This off-season Feeler has wins over #3 Billerman x2 both by fall and a win over #14 Jalen May. I know that doesn’t necessarily translate to in-season but he’s definitely good enough to be ranked.

May is nails..lil Thrine aka  Tylin who is in 7th grade has beat him a few times in some great matches last couple years..Feeler is really tough seen  him Wrestle  NC frosh stud Whitehead few times over the years and always gave Gavyn great matches..Gavyn is 120 now so those days are over Atleast for now.. Best of luck to Feeler I'll be rooting for him.

43 minutes ago, Bigtoe19 said:

Good to hear, he is putting the extra work! Those are quality Wins for him. I was pushing numbers. Cant measure Heart!!!

Thanks for input , again I wish Him the Best.. Always like the underdogs !!   Ryan Pribble 2003 or 2004 

Smallest school in Indiana and he Dominated that year.. Handled Legend Darren elkins and Imho top 5 best to never win it 2x runner up Pingleton .. Sad Pingleton passed, dude was an absolute machine..2x d2 All American and NAIA national champ! 

40 minutes ago, gsmith58 said:

into

40 minutes ago, gsmith58 said:

I suspect you know that's my son in 2), but if not over the years he's wrestled probably 60% or more of the kids on ranking list. Donnie is as tough as anyone. I kid you not.

The fact that Donnie isn't wrestling the top tier kids regularly is probably the reason he's not on the list. My guess is that he took a early loss to Schreck and hasn't had an opportunity to show himself since. At 106 practically anyone could beat anyone on a given day or even on the basis of the first takedown.

Losing to Schreck is not a bad loss and probably resulted from a cross wrist ride. I've seen it happen.

That dagestani handcuff and Tilts are money.. That cross wrist ride and Fairfax (thread the needle tilt) was my thing, Coach peck actually named it after me at NC during his tenure..I have noticed tilts and legs are big big nowadays..I seen your boy wrestle and he's a 🔨 and some! Best of luck to you and your son.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

4 minutes ago, Bigtoe19 said:

Yes Sir , got some Family ties in that area and know the Pingleton Family!!  Yes he was a beast and Great Person!!! 

He would take guys down, cut them, then walk back to the center anxiously waiting for his prey to wander back to the center just to do it all again.. He knew the rules state you have to force action to the center, so he made sure they had to come to him and didn't chase them or allow guys to use the boundary line as a weapon to flea or scramble their way out of bounds.. Very smart guy too.. Elkins legendary Whizzer helped win slow down Pingleton some and win 10-9.. Pingleton had him dead to rights or appeared to be  multiple times lifted over his head and Elkins used the Whizzer to create space and scramble his way to a huge state title and one the better matches I've seen in the finals.

3 hours ago, bigballerb said:

Feeler also pinned #19 Heaston from IC about a month ago at Ev Memorial Invite.

On 1/10/2021 at 12:59 PM, GenHeavyHandz said:

Buchanon from the Jimmies(The Fighting Spires) is a threat to win the Fort Wayne Semi-State.  He just beat my Darkhorse: The White Panther.  He’s done the rounds and is a dangerous opponent.  He treated crowd favorite Kreager from Snider( The other White Panther) to a lesson in solidness last year.  He is a problem.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he medals.

Finally! I have a first signature on my “Change the mascot to The Fighting Spires” petition.

Buchanan has been solid and tough to score on since he was a freshman, looks like he may have taken an extra leap this season, and I would love to see him make it to the podium. Lone is a hell of a wrestler, and keeping him scoreless isn’t easy.

Some other FW wrestlers I could see as potential dark horses:

106: Tanner Tishner had been looking stronger as the season has gone on, and has picked up some quality wins lately.

120: Justin Puckett is a 3x SSQ who ha been competitive all of high school, I think he could have an impressive postseason for his senior year. 
152: It’s tough to say a former semi-state champion is a darkhorse, but at #11 in the state, I think Aidan Hardcastle has a chance to challenge anyone near the top of this weight class.

1 hour ago, Cricket21 said:

Baumann at 160 has been an animal all year for Mater Dei. Excited to see how he fares in February 

Might be IN best chance at beating the IL move in Stud at Carmel Robert Major.. That young man has been beating very good guys handily all season with Law giving him his best match 7-4..Law one of those guys that makes adjustments for the better regardless of the match outcome..I think Wilson,Bauman,Law, Major and Boe will all have great tournaments.

3 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

That dagestani handcuff and Tilts are money.. That cross wrist ride and Fairfax (thread the needle tilt) was my thing, Coach peck actually named it after me at NC during his tenure..I have noticed tilts and legs are big big nowadays..I seen your boy wrestle and he's a 🔨 and some! Best of luck to you and your son.

That tilt is tough.

Thank you. Maybe one of these days he'll get to wrestle a 106 from NC ;)  I thought maybe Whitehead would come in at around that weight. Turns out, he grew a bit.

1 hour ago, gsmith58 said:

That tilt is tough.

Thank you. Maybe one of these days he'll get to wrestle a 106 from NC ;)  I thought maybe Whitehead would come in at around that weight. Turns out, he grew a bit.

Our former SSQ 106 didn't come out and it sucks.. He lost to morton at SS last season.. Yes Gavyn def grew is undefeated so far along with 132 Thrine add 220 Taylor.. Your boy looked nails when they Wrestled at NC earlier this season.. Tall 106, was impressed big time.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

50 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Our former SSQ 106 didn't come out and it sucks.. He lost to morton at SS last season.. Yes Gavyn def grew is undefeated so far along with 132 Thrine add 220 Taylor.. Your boy looked nails when they Wrestled at NC earlier this season.. Tall 106, was impressed big time.

Yeah, I saw all three up close. That's a solid trio. And your thread earlier about Brevan's match with Keegan pretty much summed it up ;) He's a clearly going to be a handful for anyone.

Good luck to your guys.

18 hours ago, Bigtoe19 said:

Good to hear, he is putting the extra work! Those are quality Wins for him. I was pushing numbers. Cant measure Heart!!!

Thanks for input , again I wish Him the Best.. Always like the underdogs !!   Ryan Pribble 2003 or 2004 

Is Pribble the same dude that got on here and gave us a dooms day prediction when we were discussing weather kids should wrestle during Covid or not? 

Edited by Mattyb

1 hour ago, gsmith58 said:

Yeah, I saw all three up close. That's a solid trio. And your thread earlier about Brevan's match with Keegan pretty much summed it up ;) He's a clearly going to be a handful for anyone.

Good luck to your guys.

Thanks broski, y'all had a big win over roncalli I seen.. Wish we wasn't FF 6 and 13 we could actually be in the running for the Sectional title and be a real solid dual team.. Good luck to y'all as well.

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

Is that the same dude that got on here and gave us a dooms day prediction when we were discussing weather kids should wrestle during Covid or not? 

Yes, Matt I'm the same dude. But I wasn't talking about High School wrestling. I was talking about whether Colleges could stay open.

Oh, and I'm also the same dude that sits next to you at Cobra and talks to you about Covid just in case you didn't know ;)

7 hours ago, gsmith58 said:

Yes, Matt I'm the same dude. But I wasn't talking about High School wrestling. I was talking about whether Colleges could stay open.

Oh, and I'm also the same dude that sits next to you at Cobra and talks to you about Covid just in case you didn't know ;)

Matty like .... frustrated homer simpson GIF 

I know it ! 

7 hours ago, gsmith58 said:

confused jimmy fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
I clearly know who you are! I agree with your take, but wasn’t remotely referring to you. 

I was asking if Pribble was the guy who chimed in earlier this year about the spread of Covid? Just was putting two and two together. 

I do think your boy is going to do great this post season tho. 

Sorry for the confusion????

Edited by Mattyb

With what I’ve seen from Hobart’s Simpson I think he could definitely be a tough draw for anyone. I’m still trying to figure out whether he’s going to be wrestling 170 or 182. Whichever one he’s at he will be a tough draw. I will definitely keep my eyes on that kid! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.