Weight management question

bbulldog152

I'm sure this has been asked and even answer but I didn't search good enough to find it but how does the program actually work? I understand they're only supposed to lose 1.5% a week but does it reset after each weigh-in or does it go off of what it says for minimum weight for the week? 

1.5% of 175 will be 172.7

if they weigh in at 170.4 that would not count. They would have to weigh in at a minimum of 172.7 for them to continue to go down weight.
weigh ins have to be done with an official present and I believe you can request them to arrive at your school to do them, no competition needed.

7 hours ago, Wrestlingfan937 said:

1.5% of 175 will be 172.7

if they weigh in at 170.4 that would not count. They would have to weigh in at a minimum of 172.7 for them to continue to go down weight.
weigh ins have to be done with an official present and I believe you can request them to arrive at your school to do them, no competition needed.

I understand  that part but it doesn't always translate that way on the program. It seems like it resets  after each weigh-in im just trying to confirm. Like in your example a way in directly after 170.4 would go off of that weight not the other 2 weights you have listed.  But I've seen a kid go from 149.6 to 144.8 in 4 days and it still  count. But another kid go 143.0 to 139.8 in 8 days and it not count.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 8:24 AM, bbulldog152 said:

I understand  that part but it doesn't always translate that way on the program. It seems like it resets  after each weigh-in im just trying to confirm. Like in your example a way in directly after 170.4 would go off of that weight not the other 2 weights you have listed.  But I've seen a kid go from 149.6 to 144.8 in 4 days and it still  count. But another kid go 143.0 to 139.8 in 8 days and it not count.

It does not reset after each weigh-in. That being said, I have witnessed a couple of times when the program has made a mistake and counted a weigh-in as certified when it shouldn’t have. I have not had the opposite occur yet. 

I had some similar issues this year that I haven't in the past. I had numerous wrestlers with 5 qualified (green) weigh-ins and they were a green profile overall. At the exact same time I had others with 5 qualified weigh-ins who were still red. 

We didn't have an issues overall with them because we still had weigh-ins left on the schedule, but it was very confusing what the program was doing. 

8 minutes ago, CoachBumgardner said:

I had some similar issues this year that I haven't in the past. I had numerous wrestlers with 5 qualified (green) weigh-ins and they were a green profile overall. At the exact same time I had others with 5 qualified weigh-ins who were still red. 

We didn't have an issues overall with them because we still had weigh-ins left on the schedule, but it was very confusing what the program was doing. 

Did those guys have a green weigh-in during January?

21 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Did those guys have a green weigh-in during January?

Yes sir, multiple even. It did not make much sense considering I had multiple wrestlers with the exact same number of weigh-ins, dates of qualified, and number of qualified weigh-ins get different designations on their profiles. 

Like I said though, it worked out well for us and our kids are all able to compete but was concerning when a math teacher is questioning if I can count to 6. 

36 minutes ago, CoachBumgardner said:

Yes sir, multiple even. It did not make much sense considering I had multiple wrestlers with the exact same number of weigh-ins, dates of qualified, and number of qualified weigh-ins get different designations on their profiles. 

Like I said though, it worked out well for us and our kids are all able to compete but was concerning when a math teacher is questioning if I can count to 6. 

Those software guys are worthless, let me tell you!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.