Individual state finals

Washedup141

I like the way Ohio does seating. The bottom rows are for the friends and families of the athlete wrestling that match. You have to have a pass to get into that section. Once the match is over you move and the other families take your seat. This is for the finals but may work in general 

10 hours ago, Jcjcjc said:

I'd be willing to watch state from the North Pole with the Connersville Bowl's internet connection if it meant my kids had the opportunity to compete at state. 

I'm not a fan, so maybe I don't understand, but having wrestling in any capacity this season is a blessing. 

Hey I am trying to straighten out the pony express! Lol

13 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

I would be surprised if anyone past immediate family is allowed to attend. I hope I am wrong, but at this time it doesn't look good for anyone else.

You and Mike should do what you did for Team State?  That was good.

There is nothing in the calendar year that I look forward to more than IHSAA state finals. This year would’ve been my 23rd straight. It makes me sick just thinking about not being there as a fan. But the fact that we are still going to have it, and athletes will get a shot at a state title is all that matters. I am really impressed with the IHSAA and the way they have navigated through the sports seasons thus far. 

Sooooo if they donty allow us in can we air the matches at every single local bar hahaha cause that would be AWESOME!!! It will suck if spectators will not be able to go in and watch these matches happen for viewers and also while you compete. It is BADASS hearing people scream and cheer for you and boo at you. Just open it up full capacity :)

For this year, I think it would be great if they could figure out a reasonable number of assigned seats for family and friends.

Since so many will be watching remote this year I would like to suggest these improvements to TrackWrestling or whatever group is responsible for the broadcast of the rounds leading up to the finals

• Ability to choose from 5 different video streams.  One of each mat, and one that has video of all 4 mats simultaneously so you don't miss any of the action
  • On the video stream that continuously shows 4 mats, a button or other mechanism to choose audio from any one of the 4 mats.  So the 4-mat video stream just keeps on running and viewer can easily switch audio at will
  • Incorporate the IndianaMat individual rankings into the broadcast - would be much more interesting to the casual fan to visually see where the wrestlers are ranked and if there is an "upset"

- Could also include one other video stream that shows a random fan purchasing and eating a shaved ice 😀

1 hour ago, base said:

For this year, I think it would be great if they could figure out a reasonable number of assigned seats for family and friends.

Since so many will be watching remote this year I would like to suggest these improvements to TrackWrestling or whatever group is responsible for the broadcast of the rounds leading up to the finals

• Ability to choose from 5 different video streams.  One of each mat, and one that has video of all 4 mats simultaneously so you don't miss any of the action
  • On the video stream that continuously shows 4 mats, a button or other mechanism to choose audio from any one of the 4 mats.  So the 4-mat video stream just keeps on running and viewer can easily switch audio at will
  • Incorporate the IndianaMat individual rankings into the broadcast - would be much more interesting to the casual fan to visually see where the wrestlers are ranked and if there is an "upset"

- Could also include one other video stream that shows a random fan purchasing and eating a shaved ice 😀

I have sporadically listened to the announcers on each mat and they usually utilize our awesome rankings when talking about the kids.

We might just have Mike with a personal live audio throughout the weekend so you can get his thoughts and comments. 

11 hours ago, rdrodd1 said:

You and Mike should do what you did for Team State?  That was good.

I am not sure that the IHSAA would be as accommodating as the IHSWCA was regarding allowing IndianaMat to highlight certain matches (especially if we are at Bankers Life and they are losing all of the admission monies that they will be losing).  And I am sure that there were people that did not pay for the streams and just relied on IM to get all the good matches on their show.  (Not saying anything negative about IM, they did a great job.)

2 hours ago, base said:

There are SOME plans to try to make the event better for the fans far away.  Mark Durham tries to continue to up the level of streaming that is produced, especially for the IHSAA Finals.  He has been pushing actually getting the Track streams up to the video boards the last couple years and has a couple things up his sleeve this year that he is hoping that the IHSAA approves.

It is not possible at this time to stream all 4 mats at once on TW.  If it was, it would already be in place.

Incorporating the IM rankings is also something that Mark has had conversations with the IHSAA about.  Unfortunately, we will have to just listen to the commentators (as I am not sure that the IHSAA brass has ever listened to the actual streams to know that the commentators are saying IndianaMat's rankings) as the IHSAA has denied allowing it because of their own reasons.  Adding the IM rankings was something that I was going to try to put in for next years IHSWCA Team State Tournament.  

Any other video streaming suggestions would be greatly appreciated, so keep 'em coming.

I'm not a fisher / hunter type of guy nor are my friends. State weekend has always been our guys weekend. I hope the kids still get to compete, just sad we'll not be able to attend. Thankfully technology might allow us to watch from other places.  

5 hours ago, trackgopher said:

It is not possible at this time to stream all 4 mats at once on TW.  If it was, it would already be in place.

Any other video streaming suggestions would be greatly appreciated, so keep 'em coming.

Ok - a consolation prize would be something like a "Red Zone" channel for NFL.  Have a single announcer that is able to bounce back and forth to video from one of the 4 matches, and add their own commentary.  It would be tricky, but if there was a separate table setup for the Red Zone announcer and another person choosing the mat feed, I think it could work even if it were a bit delayed from the individual mat feeds.  Sure you might miss some of the action as it happens, but they could bounce between the matches that are close in score, or between highly ranked opponents.

I'd love to keep that on primarily, and switch over to a single mat feed if I had a particular match that I didn't want to miss a second of...

5 minutes ago, base said:

Ok - a consolation prize would be something like a "Red Zone" channel for NFL.  Have a single announcer that is able to bounce back and forth to video from one of the 4 matches, and add their own commentary.  It would be tricky, but if there was a separate table setup for the Red Zone announcer and another person choosing the mat feed, I think it could work even if it were a bit delayed from the individual mat feeds.  Sure you might miss some of the action as it happens, but they could bounce between the matches that are close in score, or between highly ranked opponents.

I'd love to keep that on primarily, and switch over to a single mat feed if I had a particular match that I didn't want to miss a second of...

Maybe something called a Gorilla Zone.

1 minute ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Maybe something called a Gorilla Zone.

As long as the commentary stays away from class wrestling, solid yes 😀

Really though - Mike and you or some of the other rankers would be the best commentator for such a format with all of the knowledge of prior matchups and history.  I think it would be really entertaining

@trackgopher just how much is a video splitter?  $1000+ ??  Can the County squad pay for it in Bananas?🍌🍌🍌

12 hours ago, trackgopher said:

I am not sure that the IHSAA would be as accommodating as the IHSWCA was regarding allowing IndianaMat to highlight certain matches (especially if we are at Bankers Life and they are losing all of the admission monies that they will be losing).  And I am sure that there were people that did not pay for the streams and just relied on IM to get all the good matches on their show.  (Not saying anything negative about IM, they did a great job.)

There are SOME plans to try to make the event better for the fans far away.  Mark Durham tries to continue to up the level of streaming that is produced, especially for the IHSAA Finals.  He has been pushing actually getting the Track streams up to the video boards the last couple years and has a couple things up his sleeve this year that he is hoping that the IHSAA approves.

Incorporating the IM rankings is also something that Mark has had conversations with the IHSAA about.  Unfortunately, we will have to just listen to the commentators (as I am not sure that the IHSAA brass has ever listened to the actual streams to know that the commentators are saying IndianaMat's rankings) as the IHSAA has denied allowing it because of their own reasons.  Adding the IM rankings was something that I was going to try to put in for next years IHSWCA Team State Tournament.  

3 questions...
1. Will the Semistate's all be streamed again?  
2. Do you see any movement to streaming Sectionals or Regionals?
3. It is possible to sync video feeds with the dashboards?  One of the issues i have is if I am watching one match and keeping an eye on others on the dashboard, it's always ahead of the video.  Might not be possible, especially with the integration of ads, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks for all you do to help and here's to hoping there will be enough bandwidth to handle the streams statewide!

Edited by SWINfan

10 hours ago, SWINfan said:

3 questions...
1. Will the Semistate's all be streamed again?  
2. Do you see any movement to streaming Sectionals or Regionals?
3. It is possible to sync video feeds with the dashboards?  One of the issues i have is if I am watching one match and keeping an eye on others on the dashboard, it's always ahead of the video.  Might not be possible, especially with the integration of ads, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks for all you do to help and here's to hoping there will be enough bandwidth to handle the streams statewide!

1. Yes, at minimum Semi States will be streamed.

2. Movement, yes. Not sure it is something that I see happening this year unfortunately. There are only about 6 people around the state that have experience streaming events. I am guessing a couple sites will be streamed this year, but can’t tell you how many. It is also somewhat of an expensive feat and TW only has so many streaming kits available to rent. 
3. Because the dashboard is hosted by TW servers and the video is through AWS servers, there is no way to synchronize them together, though in no way is that a bad suggestion. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.