Individual state finals

Washedup141

I’m sure it’s been talked about somewhere but I’ve been away from the board for awhile. What is the latest on the individual state tournament... will there be a crowd allowed at bankers life? If not this would be the first one I’ve missed in 2 decades. Really hoping the IHSAA and bankers life can find a way! 

5 hours ago, Washedup141 said:

I’m sure it’s been talked about somewhere but I’ve been away from the board for awhile. What is the latest on the individual state tournament... will there be a crowd allowed at bankers life? If not this would be the first one I’ve missed in 2 decades. Really hoping the IHSAA and bankers life can find a way! 

They better allow us in or..... ALOT of people will be dressed up as janitors. 

Not a chance they allow football and not wrestling. They allowed 7k in tickets to Lucas Oil per class. 67,000 in The Luke with a little more than 12%. If Bankers does 13%, we’ll at least get the parents in to the 17,000 seat stadium. Thinking 2000-3000k loved ones. 

AlI I know is IHSAA is effing killing the non-fear game. Couldnt be more proud of their efforts. 

5 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Wouldn’t be supersized if they moved to to a more affordable venue and allowed families only.

Could this happen? 

I would hate to see it, but could see this happen. 

Guessing they lock in the location almost a year ahead of time, so not likely to move or they would still have to pay for the cancelation cost.  Maybe just as affordable to spread out entire immediate families in the big area as to pay that cost just to downsize and only allow one or two guests.  Sadly this years athletes won’t get the crowd experience they deserve regardless of the location.   

Edited by MattM

56 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

Faulkens expressed that they are not changing the venue no matter how much they take a bath on it. He said they are not going to take away from the athletes experience. I almost shed a tear.

He came to NC semi state last year and talked to @Perseverance and myself.. He really does care about the sport and was nothing but class.

1 minute ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

He came to NC semi state last year and talked to @Perseverance and myself.. He really does care about the sport and was nothing but class.

This whole thing sucks. But.... I am happy we live in Indiana and how they are handling it.

7 hours ago, aoberlin said:

This whole thing sucks. But.... I am happy we live in Indiana and how they are handling it.

I second this.  Sports and everything else. My wife and I miss some things from our home states of VA and MD, but in 2020, we are so glad we live in Indiana. And we are never moving.  Ever. 

I just don't see how well general admission ticketing will work. There is no way they will allow the lobby to be crowded while people wait to get into the Fieldhouse. Will probably have an allotted amount of tickets per wrestler/per school that have to be purchased before hand. Football was probably easier since it was so many different classes, and people were only attending one game. 

24 minutes ago, littlevito said:

I just don't see how well general admission ticketing will work. There is no way they will allow the lobby to be crowded while people wait to get into the Fieldhouse. Will probably have an allotted amount of tickets per wrestler/per school that have to be purchased before hand. Football was probably easier since it was so many different classes, and people were only attending one game. 

For football you got assigned seats and the computer generated where they were located to make sure everyone was far enough away from each other.

I'd be willing to watch state from the North Pole with the Connersville Bowl's internet connection if it meant my kids had the opportunity to compete at state. 

I'm not a fan, so maybe I don't understand, but having wrestling in any capacity this season is a blessing. 

2 hours ago, Jcjcjc said:

I'd be willing to watch state from the North Pole with the Connersville Bowl's internet connection if it meant my kids had the opportunity to compete at state. 

I'm not a fan, so maybe I don't understand, but having wrestling in any capacity this season is a blessing. 

You had me a Spartan bowl internet!

3 hours ago, littlevito said:

Can we use this as an opportunity to eliminate the general admission aspect of the tournament going forward? By far my least favorite part of the weekend. 

9 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

Can we use this as an opportunity to eliminate the general admission aspect of the tournament going forward? By far my least favorite part of the weekend. 

That would be great. 

It would be awesome if each school had a code to use to buy tickets, and whoever bought the most got the best tickets. 

2 minutes ago, Jcjcjc said:

That would be great. 

It would be awesome if each school had a code to use to buy tickets, and whoever bought the most got the best tickets. 

So if your a big school say like Avon and have six qualifiers versus a school like Adams Central who has one, gets better tickets since they buy more? Just another way to penalize the small schools.

2 minutes ago, WadeDuPont said:

So if your a big school say like Avon and have six qualifiers versus a school like Adams Central who has one, gets better tickets since they buy more? Just another way to penalize the small schools.

Should just class it😉

2 minutes ago, WadeDuPont said:

I'm not married to the idea, nor do I know if it is possible. 

It would be nice to have an algorithm create assigned seats. Not sure it can happen, but maybe the system could take school size into consideration.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.