Team State Happened!

Greg Ratliff

Today was an awesome day of wrestling at the Team State Duals. I was at the 3A tournament and was checking results all day from the other 2 locations. The team aspect of a good dual is one of the best parts of wrestling. Watching wrestlers sacrifice to cut a few extra pounds or willing to bump up a weight class to sacrifice for their team to try and get the win is really selfless. Watching teammates erupt from a pin and also watching teammates congratulate their teammate for getting beat by 13 and saving 2 team points is fun to watch.

In a year where we were told to stay away from each other, it was refreshing to see teammates jumping up and down in celebration. It made the stresses of 2020 seem distant.

This year took more work than ever. Coordinating with multiple locations, teams droppings out from quarantine, getting weigh-ins coordinated for 40 teams was really a struggle. 

It was a relief to finally have the day here. I think JD Minch and Pat Culp deserve some huge recognition for so much time working on this. Dane Fuelling seeding 40 teams is incredible. You honestly are an Indiana wrestling genius. Chuck Barnett sent me 6 revisions on officials assignments and was available always to help with any changes.

Franklin and Brownsburg stepped up to host their class, and I know that added work to their load. But those schools made this happen too. There was help from several people at each location that deserve recognition, and I won’t even try to say them all. But a great day of wrestling all over the state was possible because a lot of people worked hard. 

I’ll tell them all thanks personally, although we all may need a 24 hour break from each other. 

I got to catch some of the Facebook live from Joe and Mike too, and that was a great add for those at home.

Edited by ehscoach
Misspelled heading

• Greg Ratliff changed the title to Team State Happened!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.