133: Nico Bolivar vs. Kyle Luigs
141: Paul Konrath vs. Cayden Rooks
149: Graham Rooks vs. Luke Baughman
157: Matt Ortiz vs. Jonathan Kervin
165: Nick South vs. Robert Deters
184: Sean Grim vs. Drayton Harris
197: Nick Willham vs. DJ Washington
285: Rudy Streck vs. Jacob Bullock

Deter's looking strong with two wins today but Im not sure he will get by South. Rooks vs Konrath will be a battle. I hate to see one of them not wrestling varsity. Is Asa redshirting? I was hoping to see him in the lineup. DJ at 197??? What? I thought 184 would fit him well and he would AA.

IU posted these on their Facebook page.. Konrath over Rooks and it looked like a barnburner! The older Rooks gets the OT win. South over Deters 2-0. Deters went from a solid wrestler his junior year to state champ his senior year and now a true frosh and battling for a starting spot with IU. Impressive. DJ and Wilham were supposed to wrestle 197 but it says no contest. 

Wrestle Off Finals Results
133: Kyle Luigs won by fall
141: Paul Konrath won 10-7
149: Graham Rooks won in OT 3-1
157: Matt Ortiz won 7-0
165: Nick South won 2-0
174: no contest
184: Drayton Harris won 7-6
197: no contest
285: Jacob Bullock won 3-2

8 minutes ago, Jayruss said:

I’m confused as to why the guys who won the wrestle offs weren’t starting. Such as Luigs and Ortiz ?

I can only speculate, but Cayden Rooks wrestled off at 141.  Perhaps he was their best 133 option that day, since he was able to make weight?  As for the others, there is always Covid or general sickness.  

8 hours ago, Jayruss said:

I’m confused as to why the guys who won the wrestle offs weren’t starting. Such as Luigs and Ortiz ?

8 hours ago, SWINfan said:

I can only speculate, but Cayden Rooks wrestled off at 141.  Perhaps he was their best 133 option that day, since he was able to make weight?  As for the others, there is always Covid or general sickness.  

Maybe I can shed some light .... 

First thing is ... “it’s a free year of eligibility” that means EVERYONE on the team is wrestling this year in Duals if your healthy. NCAA is going to take multiple entries per weight from schools to fill the NCAA brackets because some Conferences isn’t wrestling this year . Exhibition matches count this year . “Wrestle offs” really don’t mean anything. Health is going to be key this year because of a shorter season . Stay healthy you wrestle more both in duals and extra matches . It’s going to be a weird short season that we’re all not use to due to the Pandemic. 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Spell check

6 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Maybe I can shed some light .... 

First thing is ... “it’s a free year of eligibility” that means EVERYONE on the team is wrestling this year in Duals if your healthy. NCAA is going to take multiple entries per weight from schools to fill the NCAA brackets because some Conferences isn’t wrestling this year . Exhibition matches count this year . “Wrestle offs” really don’t mean anything. Health is going to be key this year because of a shorter season . Stay healthy you wrestle more both in duals and extra matches . It’s going to be a weird short season that we’re all not use to due to the Pandemic. 

I have not seen anything from the NCAA to that effect. Are you sure?