Mac Taylor

jleising

It saddens me to report that Mac Taylor has passed away. He was a member of the 1992-1996 New Castle wrestling team with a record of 227-12 in high school taking two 3rd place finishes at 103 and a 2nd at 103 and a 4th at 112. Since 2015 he has coached at Connersville High School with a record of 72-54 with one state qualifier, several semi-state qualifiers and state placers at ISWA Freshman-Sophomore state and a 6th place and 7th place finisher at IHSGW Girls State Championship. He leaves behind a wife Ashlee, Sons Trey, Bobby and Takota. Daughters Austine and Aubrey. 

93C4416C-6176-4E3E-BB36-053F03D5EC88.jpeg

So sorry to hear this. Mac and his Dad were quite a pair and it was always fun to coach against him. Really got to know him when he came back to coach at Connersville. Mac always took time to say hello and talk about old times. Deepest sympathies from Arabian Wrestling to Mac's family and Spartan and Trojan Wrestling. RIP, Mac.

Dave Cloud

Us Trojans lost one of the G.O.A.Ts today and I'm just for words.. Such a A1 guy and a Veteran that served his family and community alike! This one stings deeply round these parts and across the state to those who knew the great Mac Taylor! Coach Hull can attest to how Awesome Mac was on and off the mat.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

SO SAD!  Prayers for his family, Connersville Athletics, New Castle Wrestling, and the student athletes he impacted along the way.  Mac was a fierce competitor throughout his youth and high school career, always a battle to compete against him.  Another great friendship that developed as competitors with respect to the great sport of wrestling.  

I enjoyed reminiscing when we crossed paths as coaches mat-side.  

Prayers & condolences to all,

RIP Mac

Frankton Wrestling

Courtney Duncan

Edited by Coach Duncan

Deepest condolences to his family and many, many prayers. I was one of Mac’s wrestling partners in practice for most of his high school run. I witnessed first hand his tenacity, fierce competitive spirit, and early willingness to help. Mac took me under his wing and taught me on and off the mat. Too many stories to tell. Whenever I got the chance to compete though, Mac would remind me that the toughest matches I had were against him in practice and motivate me to try my best. I had not seen Mac in a few years and my own son was at semi state in New Castle a couple of years ago. We got the brief chance to catch up and he shared some words of inspiration for my son. Such an incredible loss. He will be missed and remembered. Good man. 

I would like to express condolences to the Connersville and New Castle wrestling families losing a man, wrestler, and coach like that will be irreplaceable!!!!!!! Always had a smile on his face!!!!  Thoughts and prayers from Eastern Hancock

Edited by Nathan jackson
Adding the School

Met him at AT one time. He was an NCO in another unit, but we were in the same squadron. I saw his name plate and knew a lot of the guys from his troop were from the New Castle area since that troop was in Connersville so I asked him if he was any relation to Mac Taylor. He just kinda laughed and said "Yeah man...that's me", then we talked wrestling for a little while. I'd always heard the name and accolades but never knew his face. Sad to hear this. Condolences to his family.

5 hours ago, Grenadier2012 said:

Met him at AT one time. He was an NCO in another unit, but we were in the same squadron. I saw his name plate and knew a lot of the guys from his troop were from the New Castle area since that troop was in Connersville so I asked him if he was any relation to Mac Taylor. He just kinda laughed and said "Yeah man...that's me", then we talked wrestling for a little while. I'd always heard the name and accolades but never knew his face. Sad to hear this. Condolences to his family.

Thank you for your service

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.