Crown Point vs. Cathedral

smitty11

Just had a chance to watch that dual.  Great dual, two good teams.  Not sure if it has been stated but CP seemed to make an error on bumping kids up.  If Bahl goes 113 they get 3 most likely, Fazier goes 120 they get 3 and forfeit 126 or put in somebody Seltzer gets 6. Final would have been 31-27.  Not sure what weight Seltzer weighed in at but really doesn't matter. Anyway great dual.  

Also surprised Roberson was not going for a Pin they had to know they lost criteria on Cathedral having won more wins on the meet. Only chance was for him to get a pin.  CP seemed to have thought they won on criteria? 

2 minutes ago, Shoey said:

Do you think CP had criteria figured out? I say no.

Bahl doesn’t beat Reyes. I think they maximized their points in that match. And Cathedral left 3-5 points on table. 

I disagree I do think bahl beats Reyes, Frazier beats graham and I would say Cp left points on the board at 32,45 and I don’t think Dickey pins Cruz IMO 

Good dual but disagree that CP seemed to maximize points in the dual.  CP coaches seem to be really good and have a great program.  Maybe a lot went into the decision but think you gotta take the chance Bahl beats Reyes 113 and Frazier wins at 120 and cruz keeps it close at 106.  Like I said if Seltzer weighted in at 120 then it could have been a chess match.  Did Cathedral have anybody out?  I think CP was missing a ranked wrestler at 126??

4 minutes ago, Shoey said:

CHS left points on the board at 70,82,220,126. Also, Gonzalez doesnt lose to Roberson like that without marching orders. Podium kid. 

Maybe you right with 70,82,220, but still my point is that all that was settled and CP bumped up weights as the dual started at 138.  So after HW was over CP did not have to bump up weights. Maybe for some reason they did and only the coaches know but just watching it without knowing it seemed they could have wrestled 113 and 120 without bumping weights

Stephen Roberson  (Crown Point) over Luke Gonzalez (Indianapolis Cathedral) (TF 22-7 5:43)

Jesse Mendez (Crown Point) over Jackson Edwards (Indianapolis Cathedral) (Fall 0:50)

Cody Goodwin (Crown Point) over JJ Braun (Indianapolis Cathedral) (TF 21-5 5:58)

Javen Estrada (Crown Point) over Gabe Bragg(Indianapolis Cathedral) (Fall 0:54)

Andrew Wilson (Indianapolis Cathedral) over Orlando Cruz (Crown Point) (Dec 5-3)

Ulrik Urasky (Indianapolis Cathedral) over Nick Tattini (Crown Point) (MD 17-5)

Johnny Parker (Indianapolis Cathedral) over Jacob Carter (Crown Point) (Dec 11-6)

Seth Willems (Crown Point) over Grayson Harvey (Indianapolis Cathedral) (Dec 7-3)

David Guhl (Indianapolis Cathedral) over Paul Clark (Crown Point) (Dec 6-3)

Lane Fowler (Indianapolis Cathedral) over Jack Ruess (Crown Point) (Dec 6-2)

Evan Dickey (Indianapolis Cathedral) over Kaptur Nowaczyk (Crown Point) (TF 24-9 5:29)

Aden Reyes (Indianapolis Cathedral) over Evan Cruz (Crown Point) (MD 13-4)

Anthony Bahl (Crown Point) over Dillon Graham(Indianapolis Cathedral) (Dec 6-3)

Zeke Seltzer (Indianapolis Cathedral) over Logan Frazier (Crown Point) (Dec 10-3)

9 minutes ago, Shoey said:

CHS left points on the board at 70,82,220,126. Also, Gonzalez doesnt lose to Roberson like that without marching orders. Podium kid. 

Hmmm Gonzalez might be a podium kid, Roberson has been on twice.

70 uransky gets more then a  major against a returning SQ

parker decisioned CP’s back up 82 because their 95 didn’t wrestle. So Parker majors Willems who is their varsity? 

220 Guhl I thought would be bonus 

126- Zeke should major a returning semi finalist? Who beat a pan am champ in the 3rd/4th place match 

CP tied with out

Cruz at 6(who just went sudden victory with Bailey) 

Goin at 126 who is a returning medalist that just wrestled Wagner to a decision 

and 

Clark at 95 

probably the best dual of the year. 

17 hours ago, smitty11 said:

Also surprised Roberson was not going for a Pin they had to know they lost criteria on Cathedral having won more wins on the meet. Only chance was for him to get a pin.  CP seemed to have thought they won on criteria? 

The only thought that I had regarding not having Roberson get the fall was that possibly (and I do not know what the coaches might have been thinking by any means) the coaches thought that the Coaches Misconduct was an Unsportsmanlike Conduct on Seltzer when he questioned a call early in the match as that is the first criterion.  But because it was a Coaches Misconduct that was called, it obviously does not go to that criterion. 

ART. 2 . . . In dual-meet competition, if teams have identical scores, the following team tie-breaking system shall be used to determine the winner. a. The team whose opposing wrestlers or team personnel has been penalized the greater number of team points for flagrant or unsportsmanlike conduct shall be declared the winner

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.