Significant matches 12-19-20

FCFIGHTER170

On 12/19/2020 at 4:09 PM, bluemonster said:

Isn’t Thrine at 132? These kids you’re referring to are at 126. Is Thrine going 126?

No He's 132 and Keegan Logan wrestled Thrine at 32.. Brevan stuck 132 Stud #15 Devin Frazier who’s the  reigning 132 Frosh/sophmore  state champ and 44-2 Last season , today at NC... Earlier this week, Delta bumped stud #4 126 FWSS Krejsa to 32 to wrestle Brev, and it appears Logan is down to 26 now as well or might've bumped up last weekend vs Brev.. Thrine been 32 all season...I am very proud of him and NC coaches for getting NC turned around and going in the right direction..13-4 heading into Team State..

Our 220 Enigma Jack Taylor has spent less that 6 minutes total in the mat in his last 12 matches combined and is one of the most naturally gifted kids I've ever seen in the sport and had taken out up at a staggering pace.. Knowing that it has just now been a year that he's been Wrestling and to be doing that he's doing is unreal to boot.. Young man is a tank and has so much heart  with no quit in him and  imho he def has the tools to get to the bank and make noise but we know it's 1 match at a time, with big goals.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

7 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

No He's 132 and Keegan Logan wrestled Thrine at 32.. Brevan beat 132 Stud Devin Frazier who won 132 Frosh/sophmore state beating stud Gonzales in semis today..  earlier this week Delta bumped #4 126 FWSS Krejsa to 32 to wrestle brev and it appears Logan is down to 26 now as well or might've bumped up last weekend vs Brev.. Thrine been 32 all season...I am very proud of him and NC coaches for getting NC turned around and going in the right direction..13-4 heading into Team State..

Our 220 Enigma Jack Taylor has spent less that 6 minutes total in the mat in his last 12 matches combined and is one of the most naturally gifted kids I've ever seen in the sport and had taken out up at a staggering pace.. Knowing that it has just now been a year that he's been Wrestling and to be doing that he's doing is unreal to boot.. Young man is a tank and has so much heart  with no quit in him and  imho he def has the tools to get to the bank and make noise but we know it's 1 match at a time, with big goals.

Sounds great for NC. Looks like they are headed in the right direction.

16 minutes ago, bluemonster said:

Sounds great for NC. Looks like they are headed in the right direction.

Thank you, Coach black and his father do a lot for the sport and glad they came BK home...Our youth club has most big big numbers and potential as well.. There is another Thrine coming in a few years (Tylin) that will be a title contender and an absolute athletic freak similar to his brother.. Seen him do a back flip out of a back bridge while being Halfed to only reverse the kid  knock off stud Gunnar Butt...

I never seen some the things he pulls off, them Thrine boys got that something you can coach and play 3 sports.. Brevan almost over works, Reiser will vouch that there's a video of him doing 850 straight and I mean no straight no break at all Air squats aka 24 Straight minutes without batting an Eye and had done 1000 straight before...

Not only is he a good Wrestler at 132 he squatted 405  during Football and is the most humble shy kid ever.. Even if he wasn't my guy I would say that in all my years of Wrestling, fighting, coaching and training he's one the craziest specimens I've ever seen.. He'll be like Yoel Romero, having abs at 45 lol Jack Taylor at 220 hit 575 on the squat rack and is a sick sick athlete and I'm so happy he found this sport, he would be wasting away in Mississippi has he not moved here.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

31 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Mater Dei def Floyd Central 65-3.  Matches of note:

@138 Blake Boarman over Gavin Alstott 10-4 (State #4 over #5)
@152 J Conway over Scott Fitts 12-6 (State #4 over #8)

Also Ashton Hayhurst, MD over Hunter May, Floyd Central #9 at 145. I think it was 11-5 Hayhurst. He made it look fairly easy 

30 minutes ago, TrojanPinchyGuy said:

At Hobart Super Duals Today.  Chesterton’s 160 # un-ranked Brandon Bolin knocks off #1 State-Ranked Tyler Turley via Fall in late third period.  

Wowww, how was the match before the fall? Congrats to that young man and I know Turley will be back and even better.

13 minutes ago, Bag of Hammers said:

182 - #2 Drake Buchanan defeated #4 Jalen  Ward by major decision.  Don’t know the final score, sorry.

Also, Center Grove defeated Franklin Community in the final dual to win the Johnson County title.

It was a Tech Fall.  Buchanan let him up a couple times to get the tech before time ran out.

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It was a Tech Fall.  Buchanan let him up a couple times to get the tech before time ran out.

I knew it was close to a tech and Drake put him to his back at the end.  Didn’t see the final score.  Thanks.

Edited by Bag of Hammers

19 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Wowww, how was the match before the fall? Congrats to that young man and I know Turley will be back and even better.

Bolin was down 4-3 with about 45 seconds to go.  Neutral position.  Bolin got in on a single lifted him up and reversed around to his back for the Fall.  It was a great moment.

33 minutes ago, TrojanPinchyGuy said:

Bolin was down 4-3 with about 45 seconds to go.  Neutral position.  Bolin got in on a single lifted him up and reversed around to his back for the Fall.  It was a great moment.

Huge fan of Turley .... like I said before....  I’ll take Wilson to win it all at 160. 

A few noteworthy results from the Henry Wilk Classic yesterday:

138: unranked Harreld (Zionsville) over #14 Sinkovics (Mishawaka) 14-8

160: #11 Bates (Zionsville) over #12 Steenbeke (Penn) Fall

170: unranked McClure (Westfield) over New Castle SS #5 McDonald 5-4, #3 Eastin (Penn) over McDonald 7-2

Team results:

#16 Westfield over #11 Penn 44-22, Westfield over unranked Zionsville (39-30), Zionsville over #12 Mishawaka (42-28), Zionsville over #11 Penn (41-30), unranked Merrillville over Penn (31-30)

Edited by PatParham

45 minutes ago, PatParham said:

A few noteworthy results from the Henry Wilk Classic yesterday:

138: unranked Harreld (Zionsville) over #14 Sinkovics (Mishawaka) 14-8

160: #11 Bates (Zionsville) over #12 Steenbeke (Penn) Fall

170: unranked McClure (Westfield) over New Castle SS #5 McDonald 5-4, #3 Eastin (Penn) over McDonald 7-2

Team results:

#16 Westfield over #11 Penn 44-22, Westfield over unranked Zionsville (39-30), Zionsville over #12 Mishawaka (42-28), Zionsville over #11 Penn (41-30), unranked Merrillville over Penn (31-30)

1st place: Westfield

2nd place: Zionsville

3rd place: Mishawaka

4th place: Merrillville

5th place: Penn

6th place: Huntington North.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.