Girls Regionals and State Championships. Location change for state and number of coaches allowed.

Ironbear

The Indiana High School Girls State Wrestling Championships are fast approaching. We are waving the 4 weigh-in rule as a lot of schools are still closed. 2lbs will be added to each weight class. Jan/8th/2021 South Regional will be at Franklin Community High School. The North Regional will be again at Maconaquah High School. Weigh-ins will again be at 3pm and wrestling starts at 4pm. This just in 2 parents aloud only in the South not the North. 2 coaches for 5 or less girls and 3 coaches for 6 or more girls. The State Championships will change locations this year. We are back at Hamilton Heights High School. We will weigh in at at Hamilton Heights for the State Tourney at 3pm and wrestling at 4pm. All 3 tourneys will be live streamed for you. Please go to IHSGW.net to register your girls.  Follow the tabs on the front of the page. Remember if your boys on your high school team wrestle in the New Castle or Evansville Semi-State you will register your girls in the South Regionals. If your boys wrestle in the Ft Wayne or East Chicago Semi-State you will register them in the North Regionals. The coaches have done a great job getting their girls ready every year and this tourney is turning out to be very competitive.  2 coaches for less than 5 girls and 3 coaches for 6 or more girls on a team.Gary Myers Director Indiana High School Girls Wrestling.

girls state podium 2.jpg

ihsgw 10.jpg

Edited by Ironbear
Change of locations and number of coaches allowed. 2 parents aloud int he South but not the North.

• 3 weeks later...

A reminder for coaches to get their girls registered for Regionals this Friday.

The North Regionals are for schools that are in the East Chicago Semi State and Fort Wayne Semi State.

Maconaquah High School is the host school.

Weigh-ins are at 3:00 PM and wrestling will begin at 4:00 PM

North Regional Registration Click Here

The South Regionals are for schools that are in the New Castle Semi State and Evansville Semi State.

Franklin Community High School is the host school.

Weigh-ins are at 3:00 PM and wrestling will begin at 4:00 PM

South Regional Registration Click Here

Registration ends Thursday Night. If you have any results for girls that haven't competed in the girls invitationals, please email me (razobe01@gmail.com) or send me a message here.

17 hours ago, littlevito said:

It was streamed on trackwrestling. Where's the hide and seek?

I guess I didn't work hard enough to find it.  Someone had asked and I just bandwagoned silently into the waiting queue.  I'll try to be more responsible in the future.

• Ironbear changed the title to Girls Regionals and State Championships. Location change for state and number of coaches allowed.

To confirm what I think I understand from the update up top . . . Correct me if I get any of this wrong!?!

1. Regionals are still same time and same place as previously announced. 

2. State Finals are being moved from Kokomo to Hamilton Heights. Time changes from morning to late afternoon (3 p.m. weigh in).

3.  For ALL events, wrestlers are permitted two parents. Teams are permitted 2 coaches for 5 or less girls and 3 coaches for 6 or more girls.

Let me know if I got that right!

1 hour ago, Clint Gard said:

What is stated above is not correct.  I spoke with Coach Myers and Pat Culp yesterday...they are currently not allowing spectators at the North Regional.  Now...that could have changed since last night.  Could someone please verify?

Clint Gard

I emailed Gary Meyers and was told parents can go. I hope that stands true because we have one girl attending and her mother is driving her and coming from two hours away. 

1 hour ago, Clint Gard said:

What is stated above is not correct.  I spoke with Coach Myers and Pat Culp yesterday...they are currently not allowing spectators at the North Regional.  Now...that could have changed since last night.  Could someone please verify?

Clint Gard

Maconaquah would like to remind everyone that the doors open at 2:00 PM EST, no earlier. 

Please enter through door #24.

Coaches, if you have less than 5 wrestlers, your are only allowed 2 coaches.  If you have more than 5, you will be allowed 3 coaches.

There are no spectators allowed.  You may view live:  Girls Wrestling North Regional 1/8 4:00P

Concessions will now be offered.

T-Shirts are offered for sale.  The cost is $15.

Thank you and good luck!

12 minutes ago, JORVILLE said:

I emailed Gary Meyers and was told parents can go. I hope that stands true because we have one girl attending and her mother is driving her and coming from two hours away. 

The parent would count as the coach.

Also...per Robert Faulkens

Girls that wrestle in the Friday night Girl's Regional or Friday night Girl's State do NOT get a pound if they wrestle in an event on Saturday following their event. In order to get the weight allowance for consecutive days competition it must be a team event for two days in a row.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.