No Connersville Spartan Classic this year

On 12/14/2020 at 11:18 AM, jleising said:

For the sixth year coaching for CHS, I am still trying to get Trackwrestling to this event. It’s past time to bring the early to mid 2000’s to the grand hall on Grand.

This was going to be the year we get track..... hmm conveniently it got canceled. 

Yes, no track this year either. It was even given to the powers that be as a money maker as you can charge for viewing the video. Still say not enough internet even though they can do it at the new castle field house and I can use track for all our matches. One of these days we will crawl out of the Stone Age.

Edited by jleising

On 12/21/2020 at 11:52 AM, jleising said:

Yes, no track this year either. It was even given to the powers that be as a money maker as you can charge for viewing the video. Still say not enough internet even though they can do it at the new castle field house and I can use track for all our matches. One of these days we will crawl out of the Stone Age.

What is your upload speed?  Typically TW looks for 4mbps upload speed per mat (so if you have 4 mats, 16mbps).  Just if you want some additional numbers to help get it up and running.

8 hours ago, trackgopher said:

What is your upload speed?  Typically TW looks for 4mbps upload speed per mat (so if you have 4 mats, 16mbps).  Just if you want some additional numbers to help get it up and running.

Trackgopher I would love for you to meet me in the ville and help me prove this to the powers that be.

54 minutes ago, Justin Ratliff said:

You can use hotspots if you don't want to use the school's internet.  Sometimes this is a better option if you can't get IT to check the firewall's before a meet.  I would always have some hotspots available as a back up with any event.

I wish you all knew the amount of time i spent trying to get trackwrestling at this event, or the conversations that i have had over it. I have worked the seeding angle, online exposer for the athletes, easier to run tournament, less people needed to run the tournament, charge people to view the tournament online, etc. I am at a loss for why they will not come into the future. I use track for the entirety of our season to include our classic matches. I never have an issue with internet in the bowl. I feel your frustration. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.