Cathedral vs Penn Going Down Thursday

crosstownrivals

13 minutes ago, Jeromy Kendall said:

The Lineup is not set, Cathedral is better even with the right lineup. Carroll decided to focus on training, he is not interested in Indiana, He has much bigger dreams and goals. Kid is trying to be an Olympic champion one day. Penn will get better. That was only the second match of the season. 

How much more/better training is he getting by not wrestling for Penn? He’s got state level guys in his weight range and his coach literally coaches a wrestler at worlds. Mendez has the same aspirations and wrestles a season. All elite guys have that aspiration, and 99.99% of them wrestle scholastically. 

Don’t think the lineup would’ve affected anything. Cathedral is that good. Penn isn’t. 57-9 with two out of state kids winning their matches. Someone above mentioned Harper, Denton, and Matteo was out. yes two are regular kids but yet once again matteo is from SC. Maybe it’s the development. I’m sure there’s teams out there that wrestled only 1 or 2 matches also. Matteo would’ve had zeke so that wouldn’t of changed anything. The other two probably not either. 

3 hours ago, Thor said:

How much more/better training is he getting by not wrestling for Penn? He’s got state level guys in his weight range and his coach literally coaches a wrestler at worlds. Mendez has the same aspirations and wrestles a season. All elite guys have that aspiration, and 99.99% of them wrestle scholastically. 

Carroll is getting some superb training! He trains with Chris Fleeger at Midwest Regional Training Center.

5 hours ago, 1999suzukigrand said:

Don’t think the lineup would’ve affected anything. Cathedral is that good. Penn isn’t. 57-9 with two out of state kids winning their matches. Someone above mentioned Harper, Denton, and Matteo was out. yes two are regular kids but yet once again matteo is from SC. Maybe it’s the development. I’m sure there’s teams out there that wrestled only 1 or 2 matches also. Matteo would’ve had zeke so that wouldn’t of changed anything. The other two probably not either. 

While those kids wrestling may have not changed the overall outcome, Wesley Harper would have been a tough matchup for Dillon. Was hoping to see that, but maybe some other time.

Wesley is a great kid, and his dad, Chad, is a super-good dude.  Wesley and Dillon have wrestled on a lot of teams together and are pals. Chad has coached Dillon on Outlaws teams. Can’t say enough good things about them. 

Edited by graham

5 hours ago, 1999suzukigrand said:

No one ever said Penn would beat Cathedral with a full lineup . If Donati (285) would of wrestled , it would of allowed Grange to wrestle at 195 . I believe both Penn wrestlers win with grange probably getting a fall . That right there is a 9 point swing with 1 wrestler . So don't say that it doesn't affect anything. Like said earlier , Penn still loses , but could take 4-5 matches with full lineup . The states #1 power poll team and #4 dual team Crown Point only won 6 matches against Cathedral . 

10 minutes ago, M109R said:

No one ever said Penn would beat Cathedral with a full lineup . If Donati (285) would of wrestled , it would of allowed Grange to wrestle at 195 . I believe both Penn wrestlers win with grange probably getting a fall . That right there is a 9 point swing with 1 wrestler . So don't say that it doesn't affect anything. Like said earlier , Penn still loses , but could take 4-5 matches with full lineup . The states #1 power poll team and #4 dual team Crown Point only won 6 matches against Cathedral . 

So once again juan a move in and isn’t that donati another move in. So which native penn guys would’ve won? 

38 minutes ago, M109R said:

How many natives are on Cathedrals squad? You really want to talk about move in's and Cathedral LOL . 

Just speculation but I imagine a lot of the kids grew up wrestling CYO in the Indy area.

1 minute ago, Mattyb said:

Who cares where any kid grew up or wrestled??? Let kids and families do what they think is best for their family. Why do people get so upset??? Lol 

I agree , go where you think your kid will have the most success, have the best experience. I am not sure why it is a big deal either 

I understand @Mattyband @ontherise219takes, I do. However put yourself in the shoes of those parents who have put in the years/time/$$ for that program for years only to have a transfer take your LittleJimmys spot in the lineup in high school. Does that change your view at all?  There is always somebody better..how would you like him to move into your district at your sons weight? It might then be a big deal or matter! No?? And this has nothing to do with this topic as it relates to Penn or anyone else. Just more of a loyalty/commitment thing to me.

To stay on topic. I support Penn wrestling and am glad to see the passion for #TheNorth and am also proud of #TheCounty for not hijacking the thread. 

20 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

I understand @Mattyband @ontherise219takes, I do. However put yourself in the shoes of those parents who have put in the years/time/$$ for that program for years only to have a transfer take your LittleJimmys spot in the lineup in high school. Does that change your view at all?  There is always somebody better..how would you like him to move into your district at your sons weight? It might then be a big deal or matter! No?? And this has nothing to do with this topic as it relates to Penn or anyone else. Just more of a loyalty/commitment thing to me.

To stay on topic. I support Penn wrestling and am glad to see the passion for #TheNorth and am also proud of #TheCounty for not hijacking the thread. 

Uncle jimmy you gotta help those boys up there. They lost there technician. Looking at the results from 2015 to now. Kinda proves my theory. 

2 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Who cares where any kid grew up or wrestled??? Let kids and families do what they think is best for their family. Why do people get so upset??? Lol 

Hope you weren't thinking I am upset Matt.  I don't care where a kid wrestles at.  Just glad their wrestling.

19 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

countdown GIF 
There’s still time for that @UncleJimmy . Waiting for that right moment for a poster to slip up and make me hollar at them . Just picture a Pistol Pete getting trigger happy in a stand off with Cyclone mascot from neighboring states College that starts with a (I) .... BANG ! 

SMH... see UncleJimmy trying to get TeamGarcia on here to bring up the views to 10k. It’s NOT happening ! 

This is a Penn vs. Cathedral fans beef. Lets settle this in a Cage match in Da Region . 

Odds... Cathedral Fans by 50+ 

11 hours ago, UncleJimmy said:

Kids move to the county in droves. We don’t  care and it just makes wrestling better here. Any and all wrestlers are welcome here. If my kid gets beat out he will have to go up or down a weight. If he can’t make the line up... well...  he better make good grades and go to school because we have good schools here, and should be thankful for that. Keep getting better and he will hit the line up sooner than later. And... when he does make the line up... he will hammer kids because he has been training with other great kids.

I can name multiple kids from this area that had to wrestle JV a year or two before hitting the line up. Some of those same kids are making noise in college now. Iron sharpens iron. 

On the other hand... kids move out of this area because they can’t make line ups. It’s a family choice. And... they are taking spots on teams wherever they move. It happens. Again... people should do what they think is best for their family period. 

To stay on topic... I support any family that moves into or out of Penn. Even if they are wrong.. they THINK they are doing the best thing for their kid. And... as parents that’s all we can do. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.