Don't try to be slick.

busstogate

Do you think it would have been ok if they had crossed the invisible line to the safe area and rented a space in Indiana to have the tournament instead?  Indiana seems to be moving along fine with wrestling.  Its crazy how it would kill everyone in some states for high school age kids to wrestle but others have no issue.

Edited by doctorWrestling

46 minutes ago, doctorWrestling said:

Do you think it would have been ok if they had crossed the invisible line to the safe area and rented a space in Indiana to have the tournament instead?  Indiana seems to be moving along fine with wrestling.  Its crazy how it would kill everyone in some states for high school age kids to wrestle but others have no issue.

I haven't seen any of Illinois's rules on interstate competition for the pandemic ban, but if they are anything like what I saw from Michigan, it would be a big no-no.  The article doesn't even state what level the event was serving, which is another issue as well.

43 minutes ago, doctorWrestling said:

You are lucky to have a reasonable governor.  I am rooting for Indiana to prove the rest of these states wrong so we can get back at it.  It appears clear to me that it can be done if they follow reality instead of theoretical models or "science".

I hope we can get through the season, but the thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.

The tournament wansn't the worst of it. Having hundreds of people standing outide in the cold rain for hours on end just to get a chance to weigh in was. The disorganization and dysfunction was readily apparent. I will not attend or support anything by the EAC.

47 minutes ago, Dwilly said:

I hope we can get through the season, but the thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.

True.  There were tournaments all summer that we traveled to, some states have started high school, college has started, Flo is putting on events, Rokfin has events, Trackwrestling has events, Fite TV has events, I believe UWW is holding tournaments.  I haven't heard of 1 issue.  So reality is true also.

Edited by doctorWrestling

9 hours ago, doctorWrestling said:

Finding some spaces in Indiana depends on the county.  Some counties are more open to allowing outside events beyond school related ones than others.  But I’d say there are only certain places that have a good enough size facility to spread even limited spectators out in order to minimize some of the current health concerns. 

Edited by MattM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.