Holiday Tournaments

Wrestlingfan937

With the upcoming holidays around the corner and all this covid -19 stuff going on, what are some big tournaments that will happen? What will be different? and who is going where? we all know about team state going to be held in different places per class. What about the al smith? Spartan Classic?

As of now the Spartan Classic is going on. The final decision on what it will look like will come out this week. I do know we have teams that will not be there but other teams are trying to get in. I will update as soon as that info gets to us. For the sixth year coaching for CHS, I am still trying to get Trackwrestling to this event. It’s past time to bring the early to mid 2000’s to the grand hall on Grand.

Frontier internet screwing over the spartan classic for years...

1 hour ago, jleising said:

As of now the Spartan Classic is going on. The final decision on what it will look like will come out this week. I do know we have teams that will not be there but other teams are trying to get in. I will update as soon as that info gets to us. For the sixth year coaching for CHS, I am still trying to get Trackwrestling to this event. It’s past time to bring the early to mid 2000’s to the grand hall on Grand.

Jimtown will host a Holiday Dual tournament on Dec 22 that should have some great match ups. Some teams are ranked in their class and others have some strong individuals and team showings this season. 

Jimtown 2A #10

Northwood 2A #6

Northridge 3A #9

East Noble  

Prairie Heights 1A #5

Churubusco

Edited by TeamInjuryTime07
Ranking Update

Well I said word would be out this week in regards to Spartan Classic. That word came today and it is canceled for this year. So we now start the planning for the 2021 Spartan classic, and looking for a tournament to get into for that week. Myself and the other coaches were not expecting this and was not brought in for input. See you all next year.

Edited by jleising

A little later than traditional "holiday tournaments" on 1/9 but, the Richard Clipp Memorial Old Capitol Classic is still a go in Corydon at this time. 

Bedford North Lawrence – 220 James Covey ret. SSQ

Columbus North

Corydon – 106 Zane Schreck #16 state, 113 Bryson Rowley ret. SSQ

Evansville Central – 120 Aydan Armento #11 state, 182 Luke Kemper #10 state

Floyd Central – 120 Lou Knable #8 semi state, 138 Gavinn Alstott #4 state, 145 Hunter May #6 state, 152 J Conway #5 state, 160 Bray Emerine #7 semi state, 170 Codei Khawaja ret. SSQ

Gibson Southern – 160 Christian Polen ret. SSQ, 170 Owen Bryant ret. SSQ

Meade County KY - 106 Tyler Lattin #12 state, 113 David Griffith #9 state, 120 Mason Stull #17 state, 126 Mason Raines #22 state, 138 Levi Stull #9 state, 145 Caleb Hills #16 state, 152 Connor Geise #19 state, 170 Devin Rogers #7 state, 220 Che Smith #13 state

Milan

Southport – 106 Nathan Smith #6 state, 145 Luke Goodwin #5 state

Southridge – 126 Xavier Horton ret. SSQ, 152 Carson Nihaus ret. SSQ

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.