Pre match was up.

Okay coaches, please let me know your opinions on this.  

Do you allow your wrestlers to listen to music while they are warming up for a match? Yes or no? 

if no then why?

I heard a story about a coach forbidding his wrestlers from having headphones while prepping for a match. 

the way I look at it is that music could be apart of a special pre match routine that makes the wrestler comfortable. I feel a wrestler should have total control over their pre match routine. You thought?

I think it also depends on the state of your program and how long your athletes have been wrestling.   Some inexperienced wrestlers simply don't know how to get themselves truly ready for a match because they haven't been around the sport long.  In this case, you would need to control every aspect of their warm up until they find something that works for them.  If they have been around the sport, they likely know what works for them.

9 minutes ago, Hornet Coach said:

I think it also depends on the state of your program and how long your athletes have been wrestling.   Some inexperienced wrestlers simply don't know how to get themselves truly ready for a match because they haven't been around the sport long.  In this case, you would need to control every aspect of their warm up until they find something that works for them.  If they have been around the sport, they likely know what works for them.

But if you control every aspect of their warm up then how do they ever find what works for them? Maybe give them some guidelines or ideas. But total control over pre match warm up is a recipe for inconsistency on the mat. 

On 12/10/2020 at 11:01 AM, Indianawrestler145 said:

But if you control every aspect of their warm up then how do they ever find what works for them? Maybe give them some guidelines or ideas. But total control over pre match warm up is a recipe for inconsistency on the mat. 

I was going to say to not control what a kid listens to or what they do before a match. The I read what you said and completely agree. It is easy to think that they should know what to do before a match but their is a lot of kids that did not grow up in the sport and are just starting to wrestle in high school that need guidance.  Good comment man!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.