James Brimm - Looking for contact information

Cale Hoover

Did some googling and found this cool story...

https://msuspartans.com/news/2016/1/29/with_final_home_dual_approaching_minkel_looks_back_on_his_career.aspx

...matching it up to a LinkedIn profile...it looks like he's in Bahrain.

I wonder if he's still sporting the Mike Tyson towel-as-a-shirt look.

boxing_l_20.jpg

5 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

https://msuspartans.com/news/2016/1/29/with_final_home_dual_approaching_minkel_looks_back_on_his_career.aspx

boxing_l_20.jpg

When one of my high school teammates wore a towel to warm up, we called it the James Brimm towel and never even thought about Tyson. 

30 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

boxing_l_20.jpg

I wouldn't call Brimm a person who never had any discipline in his life, He went to Evansville Central and I went to Mater Dei. He had some on the mat antics that we didn't like, as a rivalry we didn't like each other but before high school his step father James Shannon would hold weekly or bi-weekly work outs and was a heck of a motivator in the room. James was always soft spoken and celebrated other peoples victories. His Step Father James was always in his corner, always encouraging others.

Now keep in mind I'm an ooooooollllllldddddd Mater Dei guy who bleeds red and gold Coach Goebel was my top motivator but I would watch Jim Shannon run a practice and he got a lot out of you. My point is, even with the rivalry between the two schools and with age and maturity I've realized that most of my former competitors were just kids like me who wanted to win and loved their schools. I don't agree with the MSU article saying that James didn't have any discipline in this life I think it is incorrect. From what I saw in my very short time with James and Jim Shannon there was plenty of discipline and direction. On the other hand as stated I wasn't around him very much just practices and tournaments there could have been a lot to the story that I'm unaware of.

"I thought I had had no impact on this kid at all," he says. "But he said he just had to come back and say thank you for the direction and the discipline he got because he never had that in his life and it meant to the world to him. Then, he hugged me.

Never have their been two more unreal specimens share the mat than In the 1996@189 state semi finals when New Castles Nathan Pickle faced the James Brimm.. Anybody that knows of them both will vouch that both looked like greek gods yet were only HS kids..

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

14 hours ago, Cale Hoover said:

The IHSWCA is looking for contact information for James Brimm, former Evansville Central state champion from the mid-1990s.  If you know how to contact him please let me know.

Thank you.

Cale Hoover

hooverc1@centergrove.k12.in.us

Give me a day Coach and I think I can track him down for you. I have his dad's telephone number at my office :)

On 12/8/2020 at 7:14 AM, Cale Hoover said:

The IHSWCA is looking for contact information for James Brimm, former Evansville Central state champion from the mid-1990s.  If you know how to contact him please let me know.

Thank you.

Cale Hoover

hooverc1@centergrove.k12.in.us

I sent you an email with what I have for both of them... hope it helps

On 12/8/2020 at 9:04 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Never have their been two more unreal specimens share the mat than In the 1996@189 state semi finals when New Castles Nathan Pickle faced the James Brimm.. Anybody that knows of them both will vouch that both looked like greek gods yet were only HS kids..

I thought that was his finals match but I remember that vividly! Both were jacked beyond belief!

8 hours ago, cbarnett said:

Just talked to his dad. James is working in Saudi Arabia and living large. Dad is calling him tonight and filling him in on the details.

You beat me to it, I was going to have my friend and his Shannon’s neighbor reach out to James.

5 hours ago, Jayruss said:

I thought that was his finals match but I remember that vividly! Both were jacked beyond belief!

Yessir, Nathan went in to wrestle a year at IU.. He's 41 and still looks exactly like that . Dude can sit around and get stronger lol he was my mentor and good friend growing up, he always talked about how unreal fast and strong James was.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.