Qualifying for a weight and the weight allowance after 1st

JoshSeb

As I've always understood it, after Dec. 26, the growth allowance is applied to the weight classes, not individuals. So the qualifying weight for 106 becomes 108, regardless of how many matches or weigh-ins an individual wrestler has had.

For the state series (from the rulebook), beginning with sectionals, wrestlers must have achieved a minimum of six (6) qualified weigh-ins throughout the regular season. One of the six qualifying weigh-ins must be during the month of January. Additionally, of the six qualifying weigh-ins, one must be at scratch weight for the weight class entered into the IHSAA tournament series.

42 minutes ago, Matt Time said:

As I've always understood it, after Dec. 26, the growth allowance is applied to the weight classes, not individuals. So the qualifying weight for 106 becomes 108, regardless of how many matches or weigh-ins an individual wrestler has had.

For the state series (from the rulebook), beginning with sectionals, wrestlers must have achieved a minimum of six (6) qualified weigh-ins throughout the regular season. One of the six qualifying weigh-ins must be during the month of January. Additionally, of the six qualifying weigh-ins, one must be at scratch weight for the weight class entered into the IHSAA tournament series.

Yeah, you can take the allowance no matter what, but the thing stated here to worry about concerning the allowance is to have a scratch weight at the class you want to wrestle at in sectionals. 

To wrestle 106, you have to weigh in at 106 at some point before the sectional seeding meeting. 

32 minutes ago, WrestlingDad1 said:

Also, I believe the +2lbs is now given on December 23rd. I’m assuming to allow guys to eat something on Christmas lol

Two-Pound Growth Allowance has been amended to read "a two-pound growth allowance may be added to each weight class any time after the date of certification." In Indiana, the date for the growth allowance shall be December 26, 2020.

21 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Two-Pound Growth Allowance has been amended to read "a two-pound growth allowance may be added to each weight class any time after the date of certification." In Indiana, the date for the growth allowance shall be December 26, 2020.

I don't say this often, but Joe you are correct! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.