Former North Side Coach Don Hunter Passed Away

Y2CJ41

If you are from the Fort Wayne area you have likely seen Don around meets for a long time. Even after retiring from coaching he has stayed involved with the sport and never shy about stepping in the corner. He stayed involved in the sport forever and was a mentor to many coaches throughout the area.

I got to know Don while working at the FW Semi-state and enjoyed the conversations we had. In one of them I found out his daughter and I work for the same company. She asked me to send her a link to this post so she could show it to her Mother. If you'd like to share your memories here Don's wife should be able to see them.

My favorite memories are when he comes to the sectional seeding meeting and listening to him and Sam Diprimio talk about coaching against each other. I just sit there and listen to all their stories as you can tell there was intense competition, but also intense friendship and fellowship. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.