Rankings Update Fort Wayne #1

Y2CJ41

• 2 weeks later...

It never ceases to amaze me the level of disrespect that is handed down every year to Summit Athletic Conference wrestlers.  You mean to tell me that Reakus Shelton who brought a medal back to Fairlawn can’t be the ranked second in this Semi-State?  I love Stroud: he placed the same as Shelton at a lower weight class.  How does it make him better? Just like when Geoff Davis places 4th and he comes back and you guys had him ranked like 18th or something.  He finished 4th again.  Get off the biases.  This is the last year for it anyways.  The haters will not like the next six years.  I guarantee it.

Edited by GenHeavyHandz
Omit

7 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

It never ceases to amaze me the level of disrespect that is handed down every year to Summit Athletic Conference wrestlers.  You mean to tell me that Reakus Shelton who brought a medal back to Fairlawn can’t be the ranked second in this Semi-State?  I love Stroud: he placed the same as Shelton at a lower weight class.  How does it make him better? Just like when Geoff Davis places 4th and he comes back and you guys had him ranked like 18th or something.  He finished 4th again.  Get off the biases.  This is the last year for it anyways.  The haters will not like the next six years.  I guarantee it.

I’m sorry HeavyHandz, for once again I have failed you.

I promise I’ll do better next time. ❤️

Edited by Caleb Spires

15 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

What ceases to amaze me. All the rankings are is someone's opinion. That's great thing about wrestling is no matter what majority of the time the better kid wins. So maybe instead of getting all worked up about some people opinions. Used it to motivate the kid. Just my opinion.  You know they say opinions are like a**holes we all have one!! 

On 12/7/2020 at 6:39 AM, GenHeavyHandz said:

Not even close to the amount that the NECC gets. Danny Hamm isn't even ranked. 

On 12/7/2020 at 6:39 AM, GenHeavyHandz said:

I love Stroud: he placed the same as Shelton at a lower weight class.  How does it make him better? 

How does it make him worse? I think both guys are studs and 2,3 isn't a huge snub to either guy. 

Stroud

Fr: 32-7 Ticket Rounder

So: 40-3 8th Place State

Shelton

Fr: ?

So: 27-9 regional Q

Jr: 34-10 8th Place at State

31 minutes ago, TeamInjuryTime07 said:

How does it make him worse? I think both guys are studs and 2,3 isn't a huge snub to either guy. 

Stroud

Shelton

Strouds freshman ticket round was a 12-10 double ot loss to Heath too...

2 hours ago, AdamsCoBuschhh said:

I figured Reiley would stay there to avoid Ruble at 113.  Pretty sure that's what Loshe (SA) is doing.

Silas is just big. He hit a bit of a growth spurt in the offseason, he’s pretty tall for 120. Plus, SA already has past semi state qualifier Logan Bauman at 113. 

Reiley and Wood have looked really good so far in the early season.  Even though Reiley came up through the SA ranks and now goes to JayCo, the rest of the good group from East Jay over the past few years is really showing off the (dare I say "hidden") talent.  They also have a great group of girls wrestling too.

Either way, Sectional and Regional will be fun with that group all mashed in to two/three weight classes.  Add in the other young kids from surrounding schools there should be some great competition.  Depending on where some of our kids fall in from AC towards the end of January, our Regional at JayCo will put some really tough kids through to FWSS that could show up as a 3rd or 4th seed, yet still wrestle through.

On 12/8/2020 at 10:31 AM, TeamInjuryTime07 said:

Stroud

Shelton

Uh. I’m talking who would beat who today. Not yesteryear.  Today.  I’ll take Shelton today, next week, Valentines Day and Cinco de Mayo.  We don’t go on what you did as a freshman. It’s what have you done for me lately? Lately I got 8th in the State at a higher weight.  Put some respec’ on his name.

4 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Uh. I’m talking who would beat who today. Not yesteryear.  Today.  I’ll take Shelton today, next week, Valentines Day and Cinco de Mayo.  We don’t go on what you did as a freshman. It’s what have you done for me lately? Lately I got 8th in the State at a higher weight.  Put some respec’ on his name.

He got 8th at state today?

Edited by Silence Dogood

On 12/7/2020 at 2:28 PM, Caleb Spires said:

I’m sorry HeavyHandz, for once again I have failed you.

I promise I’ll do better next time. ❤️

I doubt it.  Your Elk-Heart won’t let you.  It’s gravy trains anyway Caleb Clause: this is a gap year.  Next year I won’t have to say ish:  you will have to or look silly.  And the year after that and so on so forth and forever more.  Panther Power by the hour.

5 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

I’m gonna stir the pot and say I’m taking Stroud today, next week, Valentines Day and Cinco de Mayo. I’ve seen both of them wrestle, and Stroud impressed me more. And get outta here with 8th at a higher weight. That’s a 6lb difference, and I would say 126 was a better weight. 

1 minute ago, Thor said:

I’m gonna stir the pot and say I’m taking Stroud today, next week, Valentines Day and Cinco de Mayo. I’ve seen both of them wrestle, and Stroud impressed me more. And get outta here with 8th at a higher weight. That’s a 6lb difference, and I would say 126 was a better weight. 

That’s what you say.  And that’s what you think.  Good thing the results aren’t going to be decided by who you got. Consider the pot stirred.  126 was tougher than 132 in our semi-state?  You have on Viking colored goggles.  Beau Humphrey lost to the state runner up 5-3 first round at state.  Beau couldn’t keep it that close against Reakus.  Any weight that has Mendez is the toughest weight until he graduates.  Period.

47 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

That’s what you say.  And that’s what you think.  Good thing the results aren’t going to be decided by who you got. Consider the pot stirred.  126 was tougher than 132 in our semi-state?  You have on Viking colored goggles.  Beau Humphrey lost to the state runner up 5-3 first round at state.  Beau couldn’t keep it that close against Reakus.  Any weight that has Mendez is the toughest weight until he graduates.  Period.

Yes, because Mendez caused Shelton to fall to 8th. Any weight Mendez is in is probably going to be one of the weaker weights due to the contenders avoiding his weight. And 126 was tougher at state, not necessarily semi state. And not sure what Viking colored glasses you speak of, I’m a third party observer that thinks Stroud is better and that you’re dumb for being so offended by a one spot difference in a completely subjective set of semi state rankings. And I have nothing against Shelton or Snider, I want him and that program to succeed. I’m waiting for the day Snider gets it together, it’ll be great for our area. 

Edited by Thor

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Yes, because Mendez caused Shelton to fall to 8th. Any weight Mendez is in is probably going to be one of the weaker weights due to the contenders avoiding his weight. And 126 was tougher at state, not necessarily semi state. And not sure what Viking colored glasses you speak of, I’m a third party observer that thinks Stroud is better and that you’re dumb for being so offended by a one spot difference in a completely subjective set of semi state rankings. And I have nothing against Shelton or Snider, I want him and that program to succeed. I’m waiting for the day Snider gets it together, it’ll be great for our area. 

I’m dumb for using the logic that if I get 8th in the state at a higher weight class than you: and we placed the same. I’m dumb for thinking that Shelton should be higher?  Dumb? Really? Dumb?  Ok I don’t know you but I’m going to guess you are the one with an intellectual disability.  Or more pc: cognitively challenged.  You must be if you think I’m mad.  To be clear: you guys have been boring: the site needed a jolt of life. 2. Strouds dad and I are buddies: love the kid. ( I did go to Manchester College and Student taught at Manchester High School). I have some history there.  However to say he is better without them ever have wrestled one another is indeed dumb.  You are assuming he is better.  That’s DUMB.  As the group 311 said best: Come Original or stay in your lane.  You aren’t a third party observer you opened your spitmaker and used your Twitter fingers and spoke on my post.  Therefore you have a vested interest.  Don’t poke a Bear: Never poke a Panther.

50 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

I’m dumb for using the logic that if I get 8th in the state at a higher weight class than you: and we placed the same. I’m dumb for thinking that Shelton should be higher?  Dumb? Really? Dumb?  Ok I don’t know you but I’m going to guess you are the one with an intellectual disability.  Or more pc: cognitively challenged.  You must be if you think I’m mad.  To be clear: you guys have been boring: the site needed a jolt of life. 2. Strouds dad and I are buddies: love the kid. ( I did go to Manchester College and Student taught at Manchester High School). I have some history there.  However to say he is better without them ever have wrestled one another is indeed dumb.  You are assuming he is better.  That’s DUMB.  As the group 311 said best: Come Original or stay in your lane.  You aren’t a third party observer you opened your spitmaker and used your Twitter fingers and spoke on my post.  Therefore you have a vested interest.  Don’t poke a Bear: Never poke a Panther.

Absolutely no vested interest. And you’re right, it has been boring on here, thought I’d help out. Appreciate you livening up the place. I’ve been quarantined with Covid all week, it’s been pretty boring. I’m really just messing around here, and you’re really sensitive about it lol. Good luck to Shelton and the Panthers, hope y’all bring back some hardware to the Fort. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.