Weight Question

Holden

One of my coaches and I were having a conversation about a weight rule:

"Can a wrestler, let's say 120 wrestles 120 one week, then, the next week weighs in at 120.2 and bump up to 132 for a match.  Can he go back down to 120 the following week or at any time during the season?"

I know there is a rule about bumping up two weight classes and then going back down.  But, we were not sure if that meant him weighing in two weight classes up (ie a 120 weighing 130.6 for a meet after wrestling 120 the week before, and then going back down.)

Any help would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Holden said:

One of my coaches and I were having a conversation about a weight rule:

"Can a wrestler, let's say 120 wrestles 120 one week, then, the next week weighs in at 120.2 and bump up to 132 for a match.  Can he go back down to 120 the following week or at any time during the season?"

I know there is a rule about bumping up two weight classes and then going back down.  But, we were not sure if that meant him weighing in two weight classes up (ie a 120 weighing 130.6 for a meet after wrestling 120 the week before, and then going back down.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, your wrestler could weigh 120 this week and wrestle 120. Then next week weigh 120.2 and wrestle in the 132 class for a match. He can then go back to 120. 15 or more years ago there was a rule about bumping up 2 weight classes and then not being able to go back down to the original class. That is no longer a rule.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.