Mendez 57Kg

smitty11

On 11/12/2020 at 4:40 PM, smitty11 said:

Sig40 this a tough cut for him?  Good luck this weekend!  Should be some good wrestling this weekend

Not at all. Jesse had to work pretty hard to put weight on for WNO, so he wasn’t giving too much weight up to Vandervere. 61 kilos would have been a perfect weight with the original 2 day weigh ins setup. But with the plus 2 kilos and day before weigh in 59 works out pretty good. 

Jesse is pretty excited to test himself against all the established college guys. 

Edited by Sig40

8 hours ago, Sig40 said:

Not at all. Jesse had to work pretty hard to put weight on for WNO, so he wasn’t giving too much weight up to Vandervere. 61 kilos would have been a perfect weight with the original 2 day weigh ins setup. But with the plus 2 kilos and day before weigh in 59 works out pretty good. 

Jesse is pretty excited to text himself against all the established college guys. 

Nice, thanks for the info! Good luck to Jesse

18 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

UWW Junior Nationals for age 20 and under

https://arena.flowrestling.org/event/e02088b0-0212-7a8d-9224-24a88d3ada9b

I looked at those brackets last night (thought maybe U23 so I looked at both) and completely missed his name.  I guess it wasn't a lack of awareness, but more a lack of vision!

Shout out to Nick Willham for placing 6th at Jr nationals.. He made the semis before losing to phenom Ferrari. Always liked Nick and coached Trizton against him half dozen times and he's gotten so much better and deserves being an all American because the young man works so hard and coming from the successfull wrestling family he does (welch brothers are his cousin and his grandfather is a ref) he is coming along nicely ..I 

look forward to watching him rep the Hoosiers the next 3 years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.