Sectional realignments?

Honyock

2 minutes ago, Katanakahn said:

It's states 20-21 season and January 30, 2021, which would be the current season.

Every 4 years there is a bigger overhaul on the alignments. They still have to be approved each year though.

I believe after this season they will possibly making bigger changes. The main one I was expecting was someone to replace the Elkhart merger since that sectional has seven teams right now, but that didn't happen.

What is considered when re-aligning? Only location? I assume it has nothing to do with competitiveness.  12 3a/4a wrestling schools in Regional 13. Avon/Brownsburg/CG/Franklin Some really good individuals from Plainfield, Greencastle, Ben Davis, Decatur Central, Whiteland, Mooresville, Martinsville, Monrovia, Cascade etc. You would think they would want to spread the wealth a little bit 

Edited by Coach Coop

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Every 4 years there is a bigger overhaul on the alignments. They still have to be approved each year though.

I believe after this season they will possibly making bigger changes. The main one I was expecting was someone to replace the Elkhart merger since that sectional has seven teams right now, but that didn't happen.

I can pick up what you're putting down now.  I think I interpreted your original message a little differently than it was intended.

Edited by Katanakahn

9 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

The Westview sectional has 9 teams... I say Elkhart should just borrow one for the year.

On 11/9/2020 at 1:28 PM, Y2CJ41 said:

I believe next year is the year for realignments, here are the minutes from last week with the assignments.

https://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/about ihsaa/minutes/2020-21/110620.pdf

Thanks for the link. There appears to be a mistake in the Regional feeders for Pendleton Heights, it shows Elwood and Lawrence North sectionals, but there is no Lawrence North sectional listed, so I assume they mean the Arsenal Tech sectional instead? That would match the teams from last year's Pendleton Heights Regional.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.