Indiana High School Wrestling Weekly on WZBD

decbell1

Rex Brewer and I will once again be hosting Indiana High School Wrestling Weekly live on WZBD, 92.7 FM every Monday night at 7 p.m., beginning Nov. 2nd, the first day of the season. 

The show will feature coaches and former wrestlers from all the schools in Adams, Wells and Jay counties and we will take a look at results, upcoming matchups, and all things high school wrestling in Indiana. 

The show is recorded live at the Double Eagle Clubhouse Grille at Cross Creek in Decatur and is supported by many sponsors, including Haggard, Sefton, Hirschy and Zelt Funeral Home in Decatur. If you are in the greater Decatur area, we would love to see you. The Double Eagle has great meal specials for just $6.99 and it's always fun to talk wrestling before, during, and after the show. 

You can hear WZBD in Adams County and all of the surrounding counties, or you can listen anywhere in the world using radio apps like TuneIn Radio (free app). 

The show will also be put on podcast and shared the following day. 

Our show will also be the place to hear the pairings for Team State in December and we will also be hosting a Pre-State Finals Show in the balcony at Bankers Life again this season. 

Make sure to come watch or tune in!

Could have an interesting show idea if you talk to a former Bellmont wrestler who is helping grow a brand new program just across the state line in Van Wert County. Also have a newer program that consists of Van Wert/ Mercer County areas just across the line that is starting to gain a little more success as well. I understand though that you will primary focus on Adams, Wells, and Jay County schools.

20 hours ago, decbell1 said:

We certainly have friends at Crestview and would be interesting to see how Ohio is handling the pandemic, also. Thanks for the idea. 

Yep, not sure who is in charge for sure at Parkway, but it looks like they will have a couple of underclassmen (this year or next 2) that could make a lot of noise in their individual tournaments if they happen. Really excited to see how the Crestview wrestling program turns out being in such a big basketball school. Hopefully my step son and his friends stick with it through the years, as there is some talent there. Especially if my son wrestles as well, as he will go to AC and they could have their clubs wrestle against each other if they both attend the Wayne Trace team dual for the youth clubs. Also hope my cousin (former Bellmont back up wrestler) will have his step sons wrestle for Parkway as well as his brother's boys wrestling for South Adams.

Edited by casualwrestlingfan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.