Which School Corporations are allowing Club Activity?

SharkBit

This topic asks about Club Activity but in the broader scope is relative to the entire Wrestling Program within a school corporation as the Head High School Coach is usually also directly responsible for all of the other age groups....Middle School, Elementary and Club programs.  I am looking for feedback that we can use collectively to help each other to safely resume wrestling at all levels.  I am curious to know specifically which school corporations are allowing use of school premises for any other age groups other than High School.  For example I will start.....looking for something like this:

MISHAWAKA - High School season will progress within the guidelines of IHSAA and School City of Mishawaka following the covid protocol established by both.  Our SCM sponsored elementary program for all elementary schools which has always been used as great way to introduce the sport of wrestling to those that would not otherwise be involved and would normally be going on right now....has been cancelled for this year.  Our Middle School program which does not start up until January 2021 will be contingent upon how the high school season progresses.  Our Club program which would normally be prime time for new season sign ups right now has also been put on "hold" until after the first of January.  School policy right now is prohibiting any non sanctioned IHSAA activity which is not directly related to in season sports. We are currently looking at "off campus" options for our anxious club wrestlers and parents to hold club practices.

Just wondering what other programs are doing during this time.  My hope would be that there are some programs that are "on campus" and active in all age groups and managing the covid crisis with safe protocols in place.  By sharing the initiative and success of those that are and are willing to share, it provides good feedback for others like ourselves to share with our admins.  Wrestling will continue to be one of the most misunderstood sports (to outsiders) but hey....football is making this thing work.....so can we.

Elkhart is currently in the same boat as Mishawaka. No club or camp is currently being permitted. 

This has been frustrating as surrounding districts are being allowed to start with both camp and club. It's hard to explain to parents who are eager and looking for answers. 

Madison's elementary team started up last week, we are allowed to use the HS mat-room for now. I've been told if county moves to orange or red then we will be sent packing. Luckily we have back up plans and I've already worked out a deal to move all matches and practices to our Boys and Girls Club should we lose access to school properties. 

This was handed out last night to all parents/wrestlers - 

Club Madison COVID policy

1. Every wrestler must have a signed COVID waiver on file. 
  2. Every wrestler and coach will undergo a temp check as they enter the mat room
  3. Hand sanitizer upon entry into mat room
  4. Parents will not be allowed to enter the mat room 
  5. Wrestlers and coaches must wear masks when they cannot appropriately social distance
  6. Wrestlers will need their own water bottles with their names on it

Edited by TripleB

Winamac is not allowing Club. Only an "open Mat" for middle and high school aged kids.  No Parents allowed in the school, Only School approved Coaches in Wrestling room. Coaches have list of questions to ask each wrestler before they enter the Wrestling room. 

We currently are a go still for High School Season and really hope it stays that way!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.