Mendez returns to Who’s #1

MattM

5 hours ago, Disco said:

Lord, I hope Jesse stays in state, and goes to    One of the two programs on the up. For either, it would be ground breaking.the next rung in the ladder to keep our elite here. 

Boiler up Jesse!!

• 2 months later...

Who’s #1 occurring this evening.  Lots of solid matches on the card.  Jesse Mendez it set to hopefully get two matches in as he makes his case for the top wrestler at his weight in the nation. 

Let’s go Jesse!

Edited by MattM

Just watched.  Mendez was really impressive!  Vandervere looked 10lbs bigger, anybody else notice that? Was there a wt allowance?  Hopefully he gets a rematch with Van Ness.  

Mendez wrestling super 32?

Edited by smitty11

3 hours ago, bigballerb said:

Jesse wrestled great in both matches, that takedown and ride out was so clutch. In other news, Christian Carroll just upset #4 nationally ranked Noah Pettigrew from Blair, 8-1.

8-1 is no accident. His hard work is paying off and put the rest of the country on notice

2 hours ago, smitty11 said:

Sig40, Jesse going to Super32 this year? I know a lot of kids that wrestle who's number #1 don't.  Fun to watch that kid wrestle. His pace is ridiculous. 

No, Jesse decided to go out for the cross country team late.  CP has a great team and I anticipate them running every Saturday in October. 

Crown Point will have about half their roster at Super32 this year. Excited to watch them wrestle. 

Edited by Sig40

5 hours ago, Sig40 said:

No, Jesse decided to go out for the cross country team late.  CP has a great team and I anticipate them running every Saturday in October. 

Crown Point will have about half their roster at Super32 this year. Excited to watch them wrestle. 

Good luck to him in cross country. Maybe he will get the belt next year.

Willie Saylor (the best ranker in the USA) has named Jesse top pound for pound high school wrestler in the USA. I have had the pleasure of seeing Jesse wrestle since he was very young. It’s been amazing to see the progress that he has made and continues to make. Sky’s the limit for this awesome kid. Great kid and great family. Keep it up champ!!! 

Edited by Mattyb

12 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Willie Saylor (the best ranker in the USA) has named Jesse top pound for pound high school wrestler in the USA. I have had the pleasure of seeing Jesse wrestle since he was very young. It’s been amazing to see the progress that he has made and continues to make. Sky’s the limit for this awesome kid. Great kid and great family. Keep it up champ!!! 

Great honor for him and well deserved after his showing at Who’s #1.  Though I’m guessing Jesse would like another shot at Van Ness in order to solidify that ranking.  

On 10/7/2020 at 12:11 PM, Sig40 said:

My favorite post in a long time is hearing a dedicated wrestler trying a different sport! 

it’s what we preach to other sports to come try wrestling. If nothing else, the mental, break will be nice for him.

Edited by ehscoach
Typos

On 10/8/2020 at 1:11 AM, Sig40 said:

Jesse is already high octane, high endurance. Can only imagine the next level of conditioning Cross Country will get him to.

On 10/8/2020 at 7:08 AM, Mattyb said:

Willie has him 6th in the country P4P and 1st at 138image.thumb.jpeg.91d793787188c2f19cbc57ec6591bd02.jpeg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.