2020-2021 Indiana Wrestling Season

Praying schools can find a way to start up and get football going. This will go a long way to determine our fate. 

Cases will continue to happen. My concern is that people will overreact when a positive case arises in the school.

The number of hospital admissions and deaths are the real numbers to watch. 

Hard to say whats gonna happen we all want the season to happen, but the what ifs might outweigh the possibility of a season to happen if the numbers don't go down, idk what the other counties are doing but i know there is gonna be a meeting today  for teachers in Lake County to talk about how the school year is going to look

Edited by Paycheck141

I was talking about format of workouts now that we are starting to get back into wrestling rooms.

An example is what we have implemented in our room now.  

When kids come to workouts we have them in groups of no larger than 6.  No one is allowed to have contact with anyone in a different group and the groups will not change daily.  If someone misses practice one day, they will have a group of 5 that day...instead of moving someone from a different group into their workout.  

Does anyone else have a 'practice format' that they are introducing to their room so they can to limit contact as much as possible?  I'd like to learn what others are doing.

I think that is a good idea Coach P.  I have already seen an entire football team shut down for 2 weeks because one teammate tested positive for COVID.  I wonder had they been working in small groups, if only the group would have needed to quarantine?

• 2 weeks later...

My plan is to have groups of 4. One varsity, 1 higher level jv, and then two others. We can trace pretty well then in case of a positive test. The school keeps mentioning 1v1, but that hinders development, and if you have a kid go down, you have a wrestler drilling alone.

I hope that when season arrives (being optimistic), that most schools have a standard set of rules so we all can be “in the same boat.” It would be easy for me to contact other coaches and tell them my 182 is sick, he works out with our JV 195 who you wrestled as well. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.