Coaching Education Opportunities

dstruck

ISWA, IHSWCA, Coaches, AD's,  and Central Regional Leaders, 

Hey all! I know things are tough now, but in all fields, education is what improves us!  The more educated we are, the better we are.  We owe it to our kids, and wrestlers to be the "best versions of ourselves that we can be!"

Congratulations Indiana! Super proud to be a part of a state that wants to learn.  During COVID, USAW made their Bronze and Copper certifications FREE! (they still are free at themat.com ).  Currently Indiana LEADS THE COUNTRY with 270 Certifications during COVID with the next most in any state being 180.  This says alot about yourself, our state, your staffs, and clubs.

I want to share with you four upcoming learning opportunities that I will be taking part in.  I challenge you to take part in 1..2... or all four!!!  The crazy part is, I have been a part of all four of these events before, and I make sure I attend them as often as possible.  I hope you will take a look, and do the same!  They will surely improve the way you coach and teach!

First item: UNITED WORLD WRESTLING - ACADEMY AND COACHING CERTIFICATION

Years ago I got to get my UWW Certifications in Greco Roman Wrestling.  You used to have to fly to a destination to work with the worlds best.  But now, the worlds best have come together to make this certification available online! 

After more than a year of development United World Wrestling has launched its innovative online academy for assisting wrestlers, coaches, referees, and administrators with programs aimed at education, certification and career advancement.   The first version of the site includes the Online Rule Test, the Ready to Wrestle Program, the Introduction to Coaching course and the Level 1 Coaches Course. Coaches interested in anti-doping instruction can also access WADA’s "Coach True" program.

"The launch of UWW’s Academy has taken incredible energy and I think that right now is the perfect time to introduce it to our community," said United World Wrestling’s President Nenad Lalovic. "The IT and Development departments have created this online resource to assist with remote learning and as an opportunity in the middle of this unprecedented pandemic for coaches and referees to complete additional certifications."

In addition to the programs listed above, the Academy’s site will also offer informative lessons including the Wrestle4Fun program, scientific journals, and videos covering techniques and strength and conditioning exercises. 
This link will allow you to set up your UWW Academy Personal Account. Please click the following link to the United World Wrestling Academy: 
https://academy.unitedworldwrestling.org/

Second Item:

NWCA Virtual Convention - July 20-31, 2021

I attend this convention most years, and get so much out of it!!! I believe you will too!  Take a look at the speakers.  It really is an amazing lineup.  Know that it is $99 dollars, but $25 of that will be donated back to the IHSWCA.  Personally I am speaking on 7/30 at 11am, love to have you on with me talking about recruiting and retention of athletes!

To see a lineup of speakers and schedule, and to register:

http://www.nwcaonline.com/2020-nwca-convention-schedule/

Third and Forth Items:

Currently there are two awesome In person educational, in person, clinics in the works:

ISWA Annual Meeting and NEWLY FORMED, Program Development Clinic September 13

-Gary Mayabb - Greco Coach from the Olympic Training Center will be one of our speakers!

IHSWCA Fall Coaches Clinic October 15-15

(more information to come on both these awesome events!)

---------

Hope to see you at one or more of these events.

Danny Struck

IHSWCA Vice-president

ISWA State Coach

USAW National Coaches Council

USA GRIT (Greco Roman Initiative Team)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.