Best way to get information

I don’t use the social media sites at all, Facebook. Twitter and do on.  But, Do I need to use all the avenues?To stay up on the latest goings on with the instate D1 schools? Recruiting, who’s redshirting, who’s injured, who’s wrestling at what weight this year?

All the stuff that keeps people interested in the teams. Seems like the university releases are old news and vague to me.Maybe the coaches need to have a student assistant keep us up on the inside of what is happening with PU and IU, for the university releases. 
I am interested in the depth chart of the weight classes, who’s moving up or down in class, 

I know a lot about the athletes on the football and basketball rosters, not so much of the wrestlers. 

Redshirts are something that aren't generally announced, but more figured out when they aren't wrestling in duals. 

Injuries are tougher due to HIPPA laws and coaches don't really want to reveal that stuff either.

Recruiting is getting better with promotion, but teams can only comment after a wrestler is signed. Coaches and teams can "click, not type" on social media posts about verbally committed athletes.

23 hours ago, Disco said:

I don’t use the social media sites at all, Facebook. Twitter and do on.  But, Do I need to use all the avenues?To stay up on the latest goings on with the instate D1 schools? Recruiting, who’s redshirting, who’s injured, who’s wrestling at what weight this year?

All the stuff that keeps people interested in the teams. Seems like the university releases are old news and vague to me.Maybe the coaches need to have a student assistant keep us up on the inside of what is happening with PU and IU, for the university releases. 
I am interested in the depth chart of the weight classes, who’s moving up or down in class, 

I know a lot about the athletes on the football and basketball rosters, not so much of the wrestlers. 

The coaches all keep that stuff close to their vest. With that said... the best breakdown that you will be able to find is the wrestle stat website. It has a depth chart for each team (somewhat accurate), rankings, wins, losses, season records, career records, and eligibility breakdown. It’s a really cool free site. 

The site does reflect redshirts. If it’s for a medical reason, most of the time they mark it as so. 

https://www.wrestlestat.com/

Edited by Mattyb

I do use the wrestlestat site, and that is kind of my point. Why doesn't Purdue on their University site have this info , or IU's site? It surely would  be more accurate right? Most reports ,that come out about Indiana basketball, on the main stream sports sites are directly taken from IU press releases. Meaning I had the information first hand before ESPN. I do and a lot of others here  look at Indiana and Purdue's universities sites more often than wrestlestat. I just think it would generate more interest if this stuff was included.

23 hours ago, UncleJimmy said:

BTW how are you going to change that Contender icon hat emblazoned with #TeamGarcia from gold to #PainTrain purple?

I’ll just go to my buddy in Greenwood Mall that does all custom #TeamGarcia stitching 🧵. I Retired my yellow Contender Skull hat when I added 3x (2019) IHSAA State Champ. Gotta start a new tradition with a different color Contender Skull hat and add my lil’guy accomplishments for the rest of his HS career . Change is Inevitable. #ItsComing

9 hours ago, Disco said:

I do use the wrestlestat site, and that is kind of my point. Why doesn't Purdue on their University site have this info , or IU's site? It surely would  be more accurate right? Most reports ,that come out about Indiana basketball, on the main stream sports sites are directly taken from IU press releases. Meaning I had the information first hand before ESPN. I do and a lot of others here  look at Indiana and Purdue's universities sites more often than wrestlestat. I just think it would generate more interest if this stuff was included.

Breakdown and get Twitter. IU and Purdue post a lot on Twitter. As a bonus... you can see Trump rip the fake media! Lol