Doug Annakin(backtothemat)

Y2CJ41

Longtime poster Doug Annakin passed away Friday after battling brain cancer. I know he was very active on the site.

Thoughts out to his son Baxter and the rest of the family on their loss.

https://obits.courierpress.com/obituaries/courierpress/obituary.aspx?n=douglas-annakin-doug&pid=196234384

Damn. I’m so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with Baxter and his family. He loved watching Baxter wrestle and was so proud of him and the man he’s become.

I shared a suite with Doug at state 4 years ago and I’m so glad my path crossed with this great gentleman. 

Doug provided a shoulder to cry on and advice that helped me thru one of the toughest couple months I’ve ever experienced as a wrestling parent this past winter. I shall be forever grateful. 

Eternal peace grant unto him O Lord.

What a great tribute to him in the obituary. Spot on to who Doug was.

Edited by UncleJimmy

I had the pleasure of getting to know Doug for years while our boys were playing football and growing up in the Castle Wrestling Club. I don't know if I have ever met a finer individual. He will be missed. The message boards won't be quite the same. He was a warrior. I'm glad he is finally at peace and prayers for comfort for Peggy, Baxter, and family.

I knew of Doug for many years as I went to HS with his sister and ran in the same circle with his wife at times.  I got to know Doug in recent years through FB and wrestling.  We hung out in a suite at the E'ville Semi-state in 2019.  We talked wrestling and a bit about his cancer.  I know he was traveling from Evansville to Chicago every other weekend for treatments.  I'm sad that I didn't know he had taken a turn.  He was always positive.  I hadn't spoken to him since right around SS/State this year, so I was surprised to hear the news.  As others have mentioned, Doug was a great guy and his obit described him correctly in every aspect I knew.  
I know his family will be okay.  His wife Peggy is strong and has great family and lots of friends to help her through.  While I no longer live in Evansville and our communications were occasional, I feel like I lost a friend.  Maybe that's the best testament to what kind of guy he was.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.