What’s the line-up for Purdue/Indiana look like for next season?

Being optimistic that there is at least an adjusted season next school year.  I haven’t sat down and looked it over, but I’m sure some people are moving into the lineup, a couple are moving up a weight, we could we a mid-career redshirt to help the shuffle. Purdue will graduate Brunner, Limmex, and Lydy.  Not sure about transfers in or out.  While at IU Cronin is transferring out to Nebraska not sure about any transfers in.  Plus I believe Silva, Hinz, Kleimola, Irick, and Tunon are graduating.  So what are the likely lineups for Purdue and Indiana next season?

Edited by MattM

Purdue's Lineup will look very similar

125 - Devin Schroder

133 - Travis Ford-Melton

141- Parker Filius

149 - Griffin Parriott

157 - Kendall Coleman

165 - Emil Soehlen

174 - Gerrit Neinjhuis

184 - Max Lyon

197 - Thomas Penola

285 - Eli Pokorney

Losing Lydy and Brunner hurts, but they get replaced by a blue chip recruit and a returning national qualifier. Heavyweight is the biggest question. I haven't seen Pokorney in a while, it will all depend on how well he has healed up and if he has put on some good size. As far as the rest of the lineup, Purdue returns 6 national qualifers, three of which were named All Americans last year. 

Not as sure about IU, but here is a pretty good guess at their lineup. They return Hudkins, both Rooks, and Covaciu. They have some good recruits coming in that should be upgrades, just don't know them as well/how they will fit in the lineup. Could also see Asa in the mix next year. 

Your going to see in no particular order that I can think of . Might see some weight changes due 3-4 months of hibernation in some cases lol. 

Brock Hudkins 

Matt Ortiz 

Luke Baughman 

Asa Garcia 

Cayden Rooks 

Graham Rooks 

Paul Konrath ?

Kyle Luigs ?

Nick South 

DJ Washington 

Cantu 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Questionable

May want to checkout wrestlestat.com they have updated their line ups to reflect current rosters and projected starters. They do a solid job. If you haven’t checked out that site, you may want too. Super way to keep up with college wresting. 

https://www.wrestlestat.com/

Edited by Mattyb

• 2 months later...
On 5/18/2020 at 11:32 AM, Thor said:

Purdue's Lineup will look very similar

125 - Devin Schroder

133 - Travis Ford-Melton

141- Parker Filius

149 - Griffin Parriott

157 - Kendall Coleman

165 - Emil Soehlen

174 - Gerrit Neinjhuis

184 - Max Lyon

197 - Thomas Penola

285 - Eli Pokorney

Losing Lydy and Brunner hurts, but they get replaced by a blue chip recruit and a returning national qualifier. Heavyweight is the biggest question. I haven't seen Pokorney in a while, it will all depend on how well he has healed up and if he has put on some good size. As far as the rest of the lineup, Purdue returns 6 national qualifers, three of which were named All Americans last year. 

Not as sure about IU, but here is a pretty good guess at their lineup. They return Hudkins, both Rooks, and Covaciu. They have some good recruits coming in that should be upgrades, just don't know them as well/how they will fit in the lineup. Could also see Asa in the mix next year. 

Pokorny is off the team and Max Lyon is redshirting. Purdue also got a very Good heavyweight transfer from Oregon State  and you will see a surprise Indiana kid at 174. I still think Purdue wins easily.  

11 hours ago, wac200 said:

Pokorny is off the team and Max Lyon is redshirting. Purdue also got a very Good heavyweight transfer from Oregon State  and you will see a surprise Indiana kid at 174. I still think Purdue wins easily.  

I was curious why they went out and got a heavyweight, I just thought Pokorney wasn’t ready yet. Disappointing to hear he’s gone. Lyon redshirting makes sense, every wrestler who has one to burn should use it this year. And who’s this surprise 174lb starter? Is it Parkinson? 

• 3 weeks later...

Indiana has a grad transfer from Bucknell coming in, Hoffman, qualified at 184 last year. Would he drop to 174 next year for his final year? Or is Washington going to take 174, and keep Hoffman at 84? Either way, both classes have been weak spots in the line up for Indiana. 

I would've thought Covaciu would've been pretty good at 174 this year, but I don't see him listed on the roster?

133 looks interesting with Asa Garcia, Kyle Luigs, and Cayden Rooks. Rooks had some really close matches with top guys last year, Luigs had some big wins at 141 his freshman year, and Asa had a decent redshirt year last year. Who do you guys think comes out of here? Maybe if Konrath isn't healthy one of them goes up to 141?

On 9/4/2020 at 9:40 AM, TheNextDynasty said:

I would've thought Covaciu would've been pretty good at 174 this year, but I don't see him listed on the roster?

133 looks interesting with Asa Garcia, Kyle Luigs, and Cayden Rooks. Rooks had some really close matches with top guys last year, Luigs had some big wins at 141 his freshman year, and Asa had a decent redshirt year last year. Who do you guys think comes out of here? Maybe if Konrath isn't healthy one of them goes up to 141?

Look for some weight changes for Hoffman, kid a Monster. I looked very small standing next to him . Look for some weight changes for in your lower weights as well. A redshirt season for Cayden is possible also . My opinion he should of RS last season with the rest of the Freshman. He did very well there starting as a Freshman .  Asa will be probably be floating weight classes 133-141, he can handle his own as proven last year RS season with placements at 5 of 6 Opens with a Open Championship and RS Collegiate National Championship . I can see Luigs at 141 with Konrath there also. 
149-157 will be interesting, could  Possibly see Konrath, Baughman, Ortiz, Graham, Freshman Gilcher ? Gilcher the real deal BTW ! 
Barring injury to upper class men I see all the True Freshman RS this year . 

Covaciu medical retire I believe also . Great wrestler ! 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Spellchecks

(IF) they wrestle I see Indiana lineup like this *projected starter my opinion 

125- *Hudkins 

133- *Garcia 

141- *Luigs/Konrath

149- *G. Rooks/Konrath

157- *Baughman/Ortiz

165- *South/Ortiz 

174- South/Lemley/*Cokeley 

184- *Washington 

197- *Willham 

285- *Hoffman 

Just what I see according to the lineup on Indiana Wrestling website 🤷🏽‍♂️😂

• 3 weeks later...

We will finally start having some great Indiana vs Purdue dual meets for the foreseeable future. I do think Purdue will extend their dual meet win streak against Indiana this season. Indiana lower weights will be very competitive and it will be fun to see which guys make the lineup. Personally I think Rooks wrestling last year was a smart decision; big ten 133 didn't have Micic or Suriano so that opened spots to qualify for nationals. It also prevented someone really good sitting the bench this year.  Asa, Cayden, Paul Konrath would be battling out for 2 weight classes  and that would hurt the Hoosiers. Now the coaching staff has more flexibility.   Let's see if the Hoosiers can show improvement this year.  Here is my stab at lineups for both teams.

Purdue wins 18-15

Purude 

125 Schroder

133 Ford Melton

141 Filius 

149 Parriott

157 Coleman

165 Soehnlen

174 Webster

184 Lyon

197 Penola

285 Grant