Hoosier Preseason Open

21 hours ago, QuinnHarris said:

Where are the best spots to eat or grab a drink going to need something after the Saturday session? Thanks in advance, can't wait to finally be back in a corner, watching some quality wrestling. WRESTLING IS BACK!

Hall's Tavern at Coventry, Saras Family Restaurant, Chapman's Brewing Company

Gavin Brown "only" beat Watson by one. If Brown is top five nationally, then kudos to Watson!

In other IHPO news...

Jesse Mendez seeded second.

Preston Haines finishes 4th at 109. Good run for him.Evan Dickey with a solid tournament as well.

129- Zeke doing what Zeke does.. WIN. I am really surprised that Zeke ONLY beat freshman Brady Ison 7-3. Ison is good but dang, didn't see that match closer than a tech or pin. Zeke with a 9-1 win over Sam Goin, 8-4 over S. Robinson Jr, and a 5-1 win over Illinois state runner up.

174- Bryer Hall finishes 2nd. Sam Morril finishes 3rd.

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

Gavin Brown "only" beat Watson by one. If Brown is top five nationally, then kudos to Watson!

In other IHPO news...

Jesse Mendez seeded second.

Preston Haines finishes 4th at 109. Good run for him.Evan Dickey with a solid tournament as well.

129- Zeke doing what Zeke does.. WIN. I am really surprised that Zeke ONLY beat freshman Brady Ison 7-3. Ison is good but dang, didn't see that match closer than a tech or pin. Zeke with a 9-1 win over Sam Goin, 8-4 over S. Robinson Jr, and a 5-1 win over Illinois state runner up.

174- Bryer Hall finishes 2nd. Sam Morril finishes 3rd.

We don't seed, we separate....difference there. We group like credentials together and the program then bases seeds off of that. 

1. State Champ/IHPO Champ
2. State 2-3/IHPO2-4
3. State 4-5
4. State 6-8
5. State qualifier
6. Other

If four state champs are in a bracket they will be randomly 1-4 seeds, if the next 3 are #2 criteria they will be 5-7 seeds.

10 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

We don't seed, we separate....difference there. We group like credentials together and the program then bases seeds off of that. 

1. State Champ/IHPO Champ
2. State 2-3/IHPO2-4
3. State 4-5
4. State 6-8
5. State qualifier
6. Other

If four state champs are in a bracket they will be randomly 1-4 seeds, if the next 3 are #2 criteria they will be 5-7 seeds.

Thanks for the info. I like that

55 minutes ago, Chapdaddy said:

I loved how IHPO wrestled in sessions and got them done in 4 hours.  Sure beats waiting around all day.

That seems to be the overall consensus. I was hoping my estimates on match time were going to be correct and it seemed like they were.

It is a high probability that we continue to run in this fashion.

7 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

That seems to be the overall consensus. I was hoping my estimates on match time were going to be correct and it seemed like they were.

It is a high probability that we continue to run in this fashion.

The ones that suffer are the good kids that drop an early match. Those kids have to wrestle about every 15 or 20 mins to hit the podium. That’s tough!!!

With that said... it kinda works like that at the ISWA states now too. Gotta get it done early!  

45 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

The ones that suffer are the good kids that drop an early match. Those kids have to wrestle about every 15 or 20 mins to hit the podium. That’s tough!!!

With that said... it kinda works like that at the ISWA states now too. Gotta get it done early!  

Don't forget the built in sauna. Gotta bring a fan next year. But it was an awesome layout

8 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Yea I saw some super winded guys!

I agree 💯 with breaking the event up into sections. It was awesome and kept it moving along. Thanks for all the hard work put in to pull this off. We know it was a challenge and it was great to see the kids back out on the mat finally. 

The only gripe I heard about the venue, and I have to agree, was the humidity which made the mats slick. I saw several struggle with their footing and slipping all over the place in neutral and trying to work up from bottom. 

Other than that, it was a great layout with plenty of room. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.