Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlingfan937

Hoosier pre season open

Always in September, with the vivid 19 re open plan in effect what do you guys think the chances are that the HSPO Will go down?! 

One Day....A Sunday....otherwise almost no Football players due to JV games on Saturday.....unless of course day one started about 3-4 pm.  Everyone talks about trying to grow participation in that group.

18 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

One Day....A Sunday....otherwise almost no Football players due to JV games on Saturday.....unless of course day one started about 3-4 pm.  Everyone talks about trying to grow participation in that group.

How many schools do jv games on Saturday our area does theirs mostly on Mondays.  Also what percentage of participants are football players? I'm sure most football coaches probably encourage this event. 

4 hours ago, bbulldog152 said:

How many schools do jv games on Saturday our area does theirs mostly on Mondays.  Also what percentage of participants are football players? The HCC plays JV games on Saturdays (Avon/Brownsburg/Fishers/Franklin Central/HSE/Noblesville/Westfield/Zionsville)

I'm sure most football coaches probably encourage this event. This is sarcasm, correct?

2 hours ago, indypharmd said:

Actually I meant to say probably don't encourage but if you read it how i wrote it feel free to take it as sarcasm. I just don't imagine there's enough football players that attend this event to have a negative effect on having it start on a Saturday. 

21 hours ago, bbulldog152 said:

Actually I meant to say probably don't encourage but if you read it how i wrote it feel free to take it as sarcasm. I just don't imagine there's enough football players that attend this event to have a negative effect on having it start on a Saturday. 

The number of football players will be close to zero if the opportunity is not there.  If we want to grow this group you can’t think about past participation but be prepared for future.     Start Saturday afternoon (3 pm ish) if a few more rounds are needed.

Here is the information on this year's event

We have a few ideas on the format, but at this time do not want to commit to one due to the COVID-19 situation. Here are the likely probabilities

Saturday wrestle everyone for a couple rounds from 5-9pm 
Sunday wrestle everyone fro 9am- Conclusion

Saturday wrestle the smaller weight classes 5-9pm until conclusion
Sunday wrestle everyone else 9am-Conclusion
*This could possibly include a Sunday morning weigh-in time.

Block off 3-4 hour sessions for groups of weight classes throughout the two days.

Any updates on potential for Registration to open?

Just hopeful that the IHSAA Go Forward announcement might improve the likelihood of pulling this off!

Not being pushy, just curious and anxious.

We are still holding off until we can be more confident we will be able to host the event. Right now venue is one of the biggest obstacles as hosting an event of this size will be difficult at a school.