IHSGW Updates for 2020-2021 Season

littlevito

Coaches, we wanted to get out to you some changes that will be implemented for the 20-21 Girl`s season.  When we started this 4 years ago, our goal was to grow this opportunity for the Girls.  We have reached a level where we need to make a few `tweaks`. 

Originally, Mr. Faulkens gave us 2 extra lower weight classes.  The new weights for this coming season will be:  98,106,113,120,126,132,138,145,152,160,170,182,195,250.  If there are any changes that would happen between now and the start of season, these could be subject to change.

A school will only be allowed 2 wrestlers in a weight class, with one being the scoring wrestler.

We are looking to have 8 invitationals through out the State this year.  If you would like to host an invitational, please let me know right away so we can get a schedule made up.  We would like them to be North, South and Central. These invitationals will be part of our seeding for Regionals.  Therefore, it is important that we get as many as we can.

The Regional date is 1-8-21; Maconaquah North; Franklin Community South.  The State is 1-15-21; location TBD.

We are planning on having weigh ins for State begin at 3:00 PM EST.  Wrestling to start at 4:00 PM EST.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Any updates on whether the Decatur Tournament on 11/21 or Lebanon Tournament on 12/12 are happening? I believe those are the first two on the girl's tournament schedule, but haven't seen any updates or registration info published.

With the boys HS season cancelling most individual tournaments and turning toward duals and super duals, I know folks are wondering whether these would proceed.

12 hours ago, Matt Time said:

Any updates on whether the Decatur Tournament on 11/21 or Lebanon Tournament on 12/12 are happening? I believe those are the first two on the girl's tournament schedule, but haven't seen any updates or registration info published.

With the boys HS season cancelling most individual tournaments and turning toward duals and super duals, I know folks are wondering whether these would proceed.

As of right now, the Decatur Central tournament has been the only one cancelled.

• 1 month later...

I've heard nothing recently and last I heard, they didn't seem interested in reducing the number of qualified weigh-ins for boys, so seems unlikely that the girls number would change either. A bit of a pain, but not hard to piggy-back an extra weigh in or two onto a boys dual or something if needed.

BTW. Lebanon Tournament this weekend was very safe, clean, efficient and well run. Proving that with good management this IS possible.

A lot of people there asking if Penn is still on . . . would be good to see that update somewhere too?