Some coaching updates, and free coaching courses - IHSWCA/ISWA Coaching

dstruck

Dear Coach, and Indiana Wrestling Leaders:
(email sent to all IHSWCA Coaches Membership, and ISWA Members in our Coaches Application pool)

Hope your all staying safe!! I know your like me.  You are at home, doing work you never did as you were always coaching, watching series you never would have watched, hopefully reading and working out more than you normally have had chances to do, and just wondering when the heck you will get to get on the mats again!!

While I can't tell you exactly when that will happen.  I can tell you what information I have, and what things we can be doing at home to better ourselves as coaches and wrestling leaders.  I actually type this email while on a ZOOM meeting with USA Wrestling, and the latest date to target, and re-evaluate the state of the virus is May 10th as an aspirational date - not a hard date, but an aspiration.  While I can not predict 30 or 45 days out, this is just an aspirational date, and things can change daily.  As far as local clubs and such - please pay attention to the rules your state, local and school governments set forth to you!

SUPPORT WRESTLING! I know some of you out there are wondering if you will get refunds, and such on wrestling items with USAW.  Well, I'd say probably.  But, think about what your asking for a refund on first.  If you can let you money go - remember your just supporting wrestling!!!! Wrestling businesses, ISWA and USAW revenue is going to be down as well.  If you can keep supporting, buying your cards, and all those things.... i know I will be grateful that you choose to support wrestling.

Make sure you are following the ISWA Twitter and Instagram accounts.  Daily "at home" wrestling drills are being shown.  Its some great stuff!! Please repost it to your teams and clubs.  If you have anything wrestling specific to post, and share - send the drill with a caption, and the tags to 812-786-2308

I want to share with you some other information below:
A) A message from the USAW National Coaches Council.
B ) National Wrestling Coaches Association Scholastic CEO Leadership Academy -  It has been a good way for coaches to gain professional development, CEU's and other requirements schools have asked for teachers/coaches to complete. The certificate is also something you would like to hang in a frame on your office wall. 
C) USA Wrestling makes online National Coaches Education Program courses free to members until April 5th, 2020= Lets have Indiana be leaders in Copper and Bronze cards! They are free right now - challenge your club members to get their Bronze or Copper card for free!!! When the virus subsides, have them ready to coach!  WE ARE IN THIRD PLACE OF MOST COACHES CERTIFIED WITH THIS!!! ILLINOIS IS IN FIRST WISCONSIN SECOND AND INDIANA IN THIRD!!!  LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!
D ) Official Statement on the 2020 Olympics - moved to 2021
E ) Officiating courses available for free through July 1 on the NFHS Learning Center

Hope everyone is managing through this tough coronavirus time… We are thinking about you and your families!

Danny Struck
ISWA State Coach
IHSWCA Vice-President
IHSWCA Regional Rep
USAW National Coaches Council
@danny_struck IG and Twitter

A) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A message from the USAW National Coaches Council.

The USAW National Coaches Council represents the second largest demographic in the country.. the coaches. Yet within that coaching demographic is the parent, the wrestling apparel vendor, the tournament director and many others.

These are undoubtedly difficult times for many members of our wrestling community. Yet, while difficult, we do know the resilience and fortitude of our wrestling community will sustain our passion for the worlds oldest and greatest sport during this period of delay. Since time immemorial, our sport has been blessed with weekly tournaments, an abundance of wrestling apparel, educated active coaches, gymnasiums/clubs to practice and an infrastructure which allowed all this to thrive.

We will return to practice before you know it. We will be competing and reunited with our coaches when the time is right, the coaches who are always there for you win or lose, every weekend. We want to encourage everyone to be safe, but also be confident in the timely return of wrestling, the day when wrestling roars back into our lives and communities. That optimism can be contagious, spread it! Take a leap of faith, bet on wrestling, be part of the return!

Yours in wrestling,

The USA wrestling National Coaches Council

B )------------------------------------------------------------------------
FROM THE NWCA: - FREE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES!!!!

I hope you are doing well and what we all need to do to beat this COVID-19 Virus. 

I want to encourage you to take the time to complete the online modules as a part of the National Wrestling Coaches Association Scholastic CEO Leadership Academy. Either you have registered for a past Scholastic CEO Leadership Academy or are registered for one of this years SLA's. If you have not completed the online modules there is no better time than now. I think we all have some free time on our hands and this is a good way to help progress with the growth of wrestling.

If you have registered for an upcoming SLA that has been postponed until this Fall it will be a good time to go ahead and complete the modules now.

If you have completed the online modules and the Leadership Academy without receiving your certificate of completion email me and I will make sure we get this to you. It has been a good way for coaches to gain professional development, CEU's and other requirements schools have asked for teachers/coaches to complete. The certificate is also something you would like to hang in a frame on your office wall. 

If you cannot log in with your original login information use the login below. Your email address should be the one I am sending this too.
USERNAME: use your email address
PASSWORD:NWCA2019

C ) -------------------------------------------------------------------
USA Wrestling makes online National Coaches Education Program courses free to members until April 5th, 2020= Lets have Indiana be leaders in Copper and Bronze cards! They are free right now - challenge your club members to get their Bronze or Copper card for free!!! When the virus subsides, have them ready to coach!  WE ARE IN THIRD PLACE OF MOST COACHES CERTIFIED WITH THIS!!! ILLINOIS IS IN FIRST WISCONSIN SECOND AND INDIANA IN THIRD!!!  LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Attention Valued CoachesUSA Wrestling makes online National Coaches Education Program courses free to members until April 5th, 2020

As a benefit to all current Wrestling Leader members, USA Wrestling has made the online Copper and Bronze Certification courses available for free through Sunday, April 5, 2020.

In order to access the course, members simply need to log into their account at www.usawmembership.com and add the item to their cart. All courses are delivered immediately online once the member has completed the free purchase and are accessed through your MY COURSES tab. A tutorial video on how to add the Bronze and/or Copper Certification courses to your cart can be found here.    

Wrestling Leader members of USA Wrestling who have previously completed Bronze and/or Copper Certification courses are encouraged to repeat the course(s) for enrichment.  All completions will be tracked in real time through USA Wrestling’s membership system. Course materials for Bronze and Copper Certifications were updated in March 2015 and November 2017, respectively.

As part of the National Coaches Education Program (NCEP), the Copper Certification course is designed for coaches whose athletes are 12 years of age and younger, normally costs $50, and takes approximately 4 hours to complete.  The Bronze Certification course is designed for coaches whose athletes are 13 years of age and older, regularly costs $80, and takes approximately 6 hours to complete.

In addition to the Copper and Bronze Certification courses, USA Wrestling has the HEADS Up Concussion  in Youth Sports available to anyone through its membership system.  This course, which was developed by the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), is aimed to keep children and teen athletes safe by helping coaches and parents recognize, respond to, and minimize the risk of concussion or other serious brain injury.

D ) -------------------------------------------------------------------

IOC, IPC, Tokyo 2020 announce Olympics set for July 23 - August 8, 2021

THE INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE (IOC), THE INTERNATIONAL PARALYMPIC COMMITTEE (IPC), THE TOKYO 2020 ORGANISING COMMITTEE, THE TOKYO METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT AND THE GOVERNMENT OF JAPAN TODAY AGREED NEW DATES FOR THE GAMES OF THE XXXII OLYMPIAD, IN 2021. THE OLYMPIC GAMES TOKYO 2020 WILL BE CELEBRATED FROM 23 JULY TO 8 AUGUST 2021. THEY ALSO AGREED ON NEW DATES FOR THE PARALYMPIC GAMES, WHICH WILL BE CELEBRATED FROM 24 AUGUST UNTIL 5 SEPTEMBER 2021.

E ) -------------------------------------------------------------------
Officiating courses available for free through July 1 on the NFHS Learning Center

USA Wrestling encourages its members to take advantage of this tremendous free resource. Not only will officials and coaches benefit, but athletes also could learn the rules of folkstyle wrestling better through the NFHS course on wrestling officiating. Those with interest in multiple sport can also participate. Remember, American needs sports officials!!

INDIANAPOLIS, IN (March 25, 2020) — Current high school sports officials, as well as individuals interested in joining the officiating ranks, will be able to access online education courses on the NFHS Learning Center for free through July 1.

Since many individuals are at home for an indefinite period of time due to the current worldwide health crisis, the NFHS has decided to make its 11 sports officiating courses available for free on the Learning Center at www.NFHSLearn.com.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.