Where does Chad Red get seeded at NCAAs?

With a strong 3rd at Big 10s he definitely improved his stock, but among the top 10 wrestlers he has the lowest win % (1 of 7 weighted criteria for seeding), a lower conference placement than Real Woods, Ian Parker, Dom Demas and Zach Sherman, a lower RPI and coaches ranking (prior to conference tournaments) than Woods, Demas, Parker, and Murin. He does have head to head over Murin. 

So is he the 6 seed behind Pletcher, Lee, Woods, Parker and Demas? Or does he wind up behind Murin, Moran, Sherman or any others?

Edited by wrestlenewbie

41 minutes ago, wrestlenewbie said:

With a strong 3rd at Big 10s he definitely improved his stock, but among the top 10 wrestlers he has the lowest win % (1 of 7 weighted criteria for seeding), a lower conference placement than Real Woods, Ian Parker, Dom Demas and Zach Sherman, a lower RPI and coaches ranking (prior to conference tournaments) than Woods, Demas, Parker, and Murin. He does have head to head over Murin. 

So is he the 6 seed behind Pletcher, Lee, Woods, Parker and Demas? Or does he wind up behind Murin, Moran, Sherman or any others?

After beating Moran down twice Saturday I don't see him seeded lower than him..6 or 7 is my guess. 

Well, I hope he ends up either the 4, 5, 8 or 9 seed. N.Lee is almost certainly going to be the #2 seed & I would rather see Nick & Chad in opposite sides of the bracket to potentially see an all Indiana Final!

9 hours ago, SIACfan said:

Well, I hope he ends up either the 4, 5, 8 or 9 seed. N.Lee is almost certainly going to be the #2 seed & I would rather see Nick & Chad in opposite sides of the bracket to potentially see an all Indiana Final!

I heard 3 on FloWrestling Radio Live today. They were guessing.  Demas lost at conference and Woods has very few quality wins (albeit to go with 1 loss), and I think Chad is the clear cut third in the Big 19 now so there you go. 

Flo has a live bracket reaction show tomorrow at 5 central (which is when the brackets come out). 

4 hours ago, backtothemat said:

I heard 3 on FloWrestling Radio Live today. They were guessing.  Demas lost at conference and Woods has very few quality wins (albeit to go with 1 loss), and I think Chad is the clear cut third in the Big 19 now so there you go. 

Flo has a live bracket reaction show tomorrow at 5 central (which is when the brackets come out). 

I heard that comment on FRL today too. The funniest part about that is they start by touting Nomad's bona fides on NCAA seeding. Brag about how he knows the seeding criteria better than anyone else in the media. Than they completely ignore the criteria that Nomad had just written up in an article that morning to say Red will probably be the 3 seed because that is where he is in their rankings. 

By the criteria I think he is 6th, but there is a secondary process, that I am not at all clear on, that can lead to variation around the criteria. Piecing things together from different sources, it sounds like after the criteria seeding they then review for things that dont pass the sniff test. It also sounds like there is a max number of slots that a wrestler can be moved up or down from the initial criteria. 

A lot of words to say, I dont really know anything.