Folkstyle State hurt by Corona?

TripleB

13 minutes ago, Beef Stew said:

World Health Organization just declared the coronavirus as a Global Pandemic 10 minutes ago. 

Surprised they didn’t consult with #TheBrand with his biotech background and what not. 

Update on State at CompoundIndy.  Dana White will be there scouting to land contracts for the new 6th grade UFC division beginning next year. 

Gotta love those peeps with mult accounts on a website lol. Anyways.  I was looking at how the wrestling community handled the last global pandemic, you know the one in 2009 for H1N1.?  I can’t find any findings.  Maybe you can enlighten us on how it was handled back then.  And I’m in a plane for the 10th time in 12 weeks as we speak.   Maybe I should just play the lottery when I get back home.  Anyways, you have been enough entertainment during my flight.  Enjoy the rest of your day. 

Edited by #TheBrand

I just need my school out next Wed and Thurs so I can drive to Minneapolis. 

I'm also set to lose potentially Thousands on my Wrestlemania trip

It sucks but I'll take it to help eradicate this stuff.

Since when did we devalue the lives of senior citizens? Like do you all drag your parents and grandparents out back and put one in the skull once they hit 65?

20 minutes ago, #TheBrand said:

Gotta love those peeps with mult accounts on a website lol. Anyways.  I was looking at how the wrestling community handled the last global pandemic, you know the one in 2009 for H1N1.?  I can’t find any findings.  Maybe you can enlighten us on how it was handled back then.  And I’m in a plane for the 10th time in 12 weeks as we speak.   Maybe I should just play the lottery when I get back home.  

Mortality rate in 2009 was .01% to .08%.  This one is 12-100x more likely to kill you. 

It’s not the wrestling community, it’s the school.  And the world we live in today. 

Stay safe. 

Edited by Beef Stew

2 hours ago, #TheBrand said:

Considering 264M people more live in the USA, you are comparing apples to oranges.  Also considering Italy’s population is 12% older than the USA, and the Covid-19 affects the elderly, again, can’t compare the two.  The media is driving this circus.  And it’s unfortunate.  If we want to compare, we need to adjust for different cohorts and look at it retrospectively.  And adjust for the variation.  

More importantly, let’s ban all Walmart’s.  Considering the avg Walmart sees 4K customers a week and many many more over 10k, you are way more likely to encounter COVID-19 at Walmart than at a wrestling meet.  But then again what do I know.  Guess my Biotech background excludes me from knowledge.  Considering everyone is an expert on the internet.   

I just start on with my  qualifications. Im an expert because I have "Scholar" in my avatar name and I read a lot of stuff on the internet. I also took a biology course in college and played high school football.

Maybe the problem is worse because we have 264MM more people in the US.   If the death rate is 2-3% which is likely overstated but,  keep in mind that's still 200% to 300% more deadly than the flu.  And that's a lot more people that can get infected and die in the US.  Compound this with this with the fact that we have so many more people who are uninsured and underinsured,  which is going to result with a lot of people not going to the doctor when they should because of the fear the cost.  Also, the US does has a shortage of ICU beds.  Compound that with the incompetent way our govt has responded to the pandemic already. 

Also, it bothers me when were saying its the media's fault.  I respectfully disagree on that comment,  maybe its better for the media to be giving us too much information.  As compared to our govt not being transparent and lying to us that we have under control so you can stop pulling money out of the stock market.

Postponing/cancelling ISWA state this weekend is unfortunate. I did hear they're looking for alternate sites.   I think were reacting too early in this case, because its barely here and in my opinion the risk is low at this point.  I was  thinking of Warren Central's motives:  Was it fear of a lawsuit if somebody came down with the Corona Virus, or are they worried about thousands of people running around their school spreading germs for the kids when they came back, or maybe they were worried about the potential criticism of being the school that brought a large group of people together.

Im really concerned the NCAA nationals next weekend in Minneapolis.  This is potentially could be cancelled or at least for the fans.

It will be driven by the NCAA's choice to run basketball games for March Madness. What ever the  NCAA decides for basketball, the NCAA will follow.  That's a lot of cash for the NCAA to lose.  Concerned.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

1 hour ago, #TheBrand said:

Gotta love those peeps with mult accounts on a website lol. Anyways.  I was looking at how the wrestling community handled the last global pandemic, you know the one in 2009 for H1N1.?  I can’t find any findings.  Maybe you can enlighten us on how it was handled back then.  And I’m in a plane for the 10th time in 12 weeks as we speak.   Maybe I should just play the lottery when I get back home.  Anyways, you have been enough entertainment during my flight.  Enjoy the rest of your day. 

Multiple accounts?  Too Funny!  Some folk.

Best Wishes to our multiple accounters.  lols

Kenny Harden

#1Account

26 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

So states gonna be in hammond.. bummer

Better than no tournament at all.  I would also like to get an expert opinion from @regionrat1 about the affect of the wonderful smelling regional air would have on the Coronavirus.

4 hours ago, TripleB said:

I just need my school out next Wed and Thurs so I can drive to Minneapolis. 

I'm also set to lose potentially Thousands on my Wrestlemania trip

It sucks but I'll take it to help eradicate this stuff.

Since when did we devalue the lives of senior citizens? Like do you all drag your parents and grandparents out back and put one in the skull once they hit 65?

Well there goes that..... sorry @TripleB

Screenshot_20200311-171114_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200311-171012_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

I just start on with my  qualifications. Im an expert because I have "Scholar" in my avatar name and I read a lot of stuff on the internet. I also took a biology course in college and played high school football.

Maybe the problem is worse because we have 264MM more people in the US.   If the death rate is 2-3% which is likely overstated but,  keep in mind that's still 200% to 300% more deadly than the flu.  And that's a lot more people that can get infected and die in the US.  Compound this with this with the fact that we have so many more people who are uninsured and underinsured,  which is going to result with a lot of people not going to the doctor when they should because of the fear the cost.  Also, the US does has a shortage of ICU beds.  Compound that with the incompetent way our govt has responded to the pandemic already. 

Also, it bothers me when were saying its the media's fault.  I respectfully disagree on that comment,  maybe its better for the media to be giving us too much information.  As compared to our govt not being transparent and lying to us that we have under control so you can stop pulling money out of the stock market.

Postponing/cancelling ISWA state this weekend is unfortunate. I did hear they're looking for alternate sites.   I think were reacting too early in this cased, because its barely here and in my opinion the risk is low at this point.  I was  thinking of Warren Central's motives:  Was it fear of a lawsuit if somebody came down with the Corona Virus, or are they worried about thousands of people running around their school spreading germs for the kids when they came back, or maybe they were worried about the potential criticism of being the school that brought a large group of people together.

Im really concerned the NCAA nationals next weekend in Minneapolis.  This is potentially could be cancelled or at least for the fans.

It will be driven by the NCAA's choice to run basketball games for March Madness. What ever the  NCAA decides for basketball, the NCAA will follow.  That's a lot of cash for the NCAA to lose.  Concerned.

NCAA just announced that no fans for Basketball or Wrestling . Dang ! 

42 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Better than no tournament at all.  I would also like to get an expert opinion from @regionrat1 about the affect of the wonderful smelling regional air would have on the Coronavirus.

Mostly swimming in the regions Lake Michigan beaches. But for real there is a lot of good food places there. If you like BBQ hit up bombers on ridge road in Munster pretty legit. 3 Floyd’s brewery it about 15 minutes away. Or stop on 41 and get some tacos at fuerte or some house of pizza. Or head north and hit up el taco real if you are looking for a diverse food selection I think the iswa made the right choice. 

53 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

This Corona virus has doing a number on our sport. Looks like the posse and I won't be heading to Minny for da big show. Believe me dat virus could not survive in our environment. Da old rat has had da corona virus a few times - self inflicted. Da facility is Purdy nice - little Tommy nocked a mall down for a hoop dome. Good luck , have fun , and enjoy our little slice of heaven.

5 hours ago, UncleJimmy said:

Avid conspiracy theorist here..not so much a tough guy depending upon whom you ask.and definitely not a biotech expert (Ball U, baby!! Education redefined!) .but if I'm gonna get it, please let it be Sunday so I can self quarantine for 2 weeks of MarchMadness/MarchMatness! I'm down for laying around sick, watching 12 hours of hoops and wrasslin' all day (albeit possibly in misery) and having people stay away from me (UncleJimmy not a people person, shocking..I know!). Hopefully I survive it, but if I don't I'll go out happy I reckon. 

To stay on topic, I think the Triple Crown FK/FS/GR idea is a good one. 

Take care out there people! How have we not marketed IndianaMat 800# Gorilla medical masks yet? Who's on marketing for this place?

I’m pretty sure Uncle Jimmy will find a way to get Corona so he can self quarantine himself at his lake house sipping on Coronas! You can’t fool anyone. If school gets closed I will come join you. 

21 minutes ago, Cooper160 said:

I’m trying to recall how much media coverage was giving to influenza last year. It’s hard to remember. I know 40 million Americans got the flu and 40,000 people died from it. But I just can’t seem to recall it being on the news every second of every day of every night. Maybe I’m mistaken.

If dis wasn't a election year it would not be on da headlines. Brutal for us retired guys on our 401k- hold tight it will come back. So bummed about da NCAA- was meeting up wit a bunch of buddies - looks like Flo wrestling parties

31 minutes ago, Cooper160 said:

I’m trying to recall how much media coverage was giving to influenza last year. It’s hard to remember. I know 40 million Americans got the flu and 40,000 people died from it. But I just can’t seem to recall it being on the news every second of every day of every night. Maybe I’m mistaken.

This isn't the flu, there is no vaccine for this virus. This is a new virus that spread to humans in December and has now spread across the world and has a very high mortality rate. When the people who study these things are saying to be careful you probably should listen.

The worst thing that can happen is people not taking this seriously and millions get infected and overload our already busy hospitals. 

17 hours ago, tigrreapr56 said:

Multiple accounts?  Too Funny!  Some folk.

Best Wishes to our multiple accounters.  lols

Kenny Harden

#1Account

Kenny,

There's multiple account users?   That's the most disgusting thing i've heard on the history of Indianamat and OJ Simpsons twitter posts.  That's as bad when I work with Charles Barkley, and he gets the double Nachos with Jalapenos in the first half, and then lets out silent deadly ones in the booth during the second half and I have to keep a straight face while im delivering my long irrlelavant incoherent rants on national TV (which everybody loves).  

That's as bad as going to a lousy grateful dead tribute band concert and some dude passes maui wowie and its really parsley and cilantro.

Best wishes to those guys that  think they're  funny.  This is Indianamat, not Seinfeld re-runs.

Bill

15 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

This isn't the flu, there is no vaccine for this virus. This is a new virus that spread to humans in December and has now spread across the world and has a very high mortality rate. When the people who study these things are saying to be careful you probably should listen.

The worst thing that can happen is people not taking this seriously and millions get infected and overload our already busy hospitals. 

I can't agree more.

It's not the media. It's the UNKNOWN. The Chinese didn't shut down whole parts of their country because of media exaggeration. Don't trust the media go to the CDC, NIH, John Hopkins or State Health agency sites. Watch Congressional hearings.

The flu infects at 1 to 1 this thing 'appears' to spread at 1 to 2. Cycle that out 10 times and you get 10 infections for the flu and 1K for Covid-19. And, the mortality of this thing 'appears' to be 10x that of the flu (A Facui before Congress yesterday).

Italy went from 10 cases to 12,500 in two weeks with a 164 deaths yesterday alone. That's a growth rate of ~120,000% and even if you factor in increased testing that's astronomical.

There is difference between panic and expecting our populace and institutions have a sense of urgency and being a "little irrational". No the world isn't going to end, but it's a serious problem, particularly for the 48M that are most at risk (including children with asthma).

Edited by gsmith58

5 minutes ago, gsmith58 said:

I can't agree more.

It's not the media. It's the UNKNOWN. The Chinese didn't shut down whole parts of their country because of media exaggeration. Don't trust the media go to the CDC, NIH, John Hopkins or State Health agency sites. Watch Congressional hearings.

I dunno...I always go by WW#TBD...WhatWould#TheBrandDo!! Amirite?? I kid of course, sarcasm font! 

who knew the ISWA was the leading trendsetting entity of things by cancelling the Folkstyle State when we lost our venue leading to the NCAA's cancelling events and the NBA, MLB following suit. 

I guess we are all in good company with our "overreaction" of things. 

Just shaking my head at some people on here, but it also gives me a good laugh too and they say laughter is the best medicine so I guess we are all getting better with every idiotic post.

Edited by JMILL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.