Folkstyle State hurt by Corona?

TripleB

Just now, graham said:

Looks like WC is a no go.  They are looking for other venues.  We shall see what happens from here. 

This is what happens when an organization does not have a backup contingency plan.  It was foreseeable 2 weeks ago that this could be a possibility.  Or even if we learned from last year at Carmel for MS state with their gym, there should ALWAYS be a contingency plan in place prior to the actual event occurring.  Now pushing it back will affect numerous national duals, as well as the heart of spring break for many.

3 minutes ago, #TheBrand said:

This is what happens when an organization does not have a backup contingency plan.  It was foreseeable 2 weeks ago that this could be a possibility.  Or even if we learned from last year at Carmel for MS state with their gym, there should ALWAYS be a contingency plan in place prior to the actual event occurring.  Now pushing it back will affect numerous national duals, as well as the heart of spring break for many.

Tough to plan for something like this.  Many, many things are being cancelled/postponed.  This virus scare appears to be disrupting everyone’s lives in many ways.  Public health appears to be the least of things that will be impacted although this is the reason for shutting everything down. 

regarding the shutdowns and the present state of society I am like:

come on wtf GIF

They had chickenpox parties 30 years ago to get viruses over with.  Now we will shut down our society and cause widespread economic hardship for all to be “comforted”. 

Edited by graham

I’ll say the same thing I said about having enough space at Day 1 of MS State.  Have it at two large gyms located close to each other (like Perry and Southport for MS State). Sure it’s a slight in connivence for parents with multi-age siblings or small coaching staffs.  But in a pinch it at least ensure their is enough room and everyone can lodge in a neutral location.   

Edited by MattM

2 hours ago, #TheBrand said:

Asking a school or big facility to not host any events because they are a backup to the original host is virtually impossible. This is an event that needs 20+ mats, which there are maybe a handful in the state that have the capabilities of hosting. On top of that the facilities that can host have events already planned because they want to make money. 

The ISWA is in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. No one wants to cancel or move the event.

Here another great MattyB idea... having it in one place would be impossible. With that said.. have the different age groups at different schools. Have Southport host Pee Wee and Bantam. Have Perry take Intermediate and Novice. Beech Grove gets School Boys and Cadets. Big boys go to Center Grove. All on south side of Indy. 

I know it is not ideal. Some families will have to split up. It will not be close to what we usually get.... but... it will get done. 

19 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Here another great MattyB idea... having it in one place would be impossible. With that said.. have the different age groups at different schools. Have Southport host Pee Wee and Bantam. Have Perry take Intermediate and Novice. Beech Grove gets School Boys and Cadets. Big boys go to Center Grove. All on south side of Indy. 

I know it is not ideal. Some families will have to split up. It will not be close to what we usually get.... but... it will get done. 

I’d call that a MattyM idea from 4 hours earlier.  But go with it either way. 

First thing that needs to be done is find a location or locations that will accept the tournament. It sounds easy to say put it at Beech Grove, Perry & Center Grove, but they all have to be onboard.

9 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Plagiarism

I know every Karen, Bob, and Steve is suddenly a google/social media medical expert but check out what's going on in Italy. 10k plus infected, over 400 people have died since Monday. 

I know this doesn't sit well w/ the conspiracy theorists and tough guys.......but let's try to not let that happen here. 

17 minutes ago, TripleB said:

I know every Karen, Bob, and Steve is suddenly a google/social media medical expert but check out what's going on in Italy. 10k plus infected, over 400 people have died since Monday. 

I know this doesn't sit well w/ the conspiracy theorists and tough guys.......but let's try to not let that happen here. 

Considering 264M people more live in the USA, you are comparing apples to oranges.  Also considering Italy’s population is 12% older than the USA, and the Covid-19 affects the elderly, again, can’t compare the two.  The media is driving this circus.  And it’s unfortunate.  If we want to compare, we need to adjust for different cohorts and look at it retrospectively.  And adjust for the variation.  

More importantly, let’s ban all Walmart’s.  Considering the avg Walmart sees 4K customers a week and many many more over 10k, you are way more likely to encounter COVID-19 at Walmart than at a wrestling meet.  But then again what do I know.  Guess my Biotech background excludes me from knowledge.  Considering everyone is an expert on the internet.   

53 minutes ago, TripleB said:

Avid conspiracy theorist here..not so much a tough guy depending upon whom you ask.and definitely not a biotech expert (Ball U, baby!! Education redefined!) .but if I'm gonna get it, please let it be Sunday so I can self quarantine for 2 weeks of MarchMadness/MarchMatness! I'm down for laying around sick, watching 12 hours of hoops and wrasslin' all day (albeit possibly in misery) and having people stay away from me (UncleJimmy not a people person, shocking..I know!). Hopefully I survive it, but if I don't I'll go out happy I reckon. 

To stay on topic, I think the Triple Crown FK/FS/GR idea is a good one. 

Take care out there people! How have we not marketed IndianaMat 800# Gorilla medical masks yet? Who's on marketing for this place?

World Health Organization just declared the coronavirus as a Global Pandemic 10 minutes ago. 

Surprised they didn’t consult with #TheBrand with his biotech background and what not. 

Update on State at CompoundIndy.  Dana White will be there scouting to land contracts for the new 6th grade UFC division beginning next year. 

3 minutes ago, Beef Stew said:

World Health Organization just declared the coronavirus as a Global Pandemic 10 minutes ago. 

Surprised they didn’t consult with #TheBrand with his biotech background and what not. 

Update on State at CompoundIndy.  Dana White will be there scouting to land contracts for the new 6th grade UFC division beginning next year. 

Dana has to keep that 125 pound division going some how! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.