Folkstyle State hurt by Corona?

TripleB

Personally i will no longer be taking my young nephew or my other 2 wrestlers to folks style state It sucks cause they just started wrestling last summer, but better safe then sorry.

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Here is a novel concept, let's not force the kids to shake hands with all the coaches, refs, table help, and everyone there.

Not sure the rolling around on a mat multiple time that every participant and coach has walked across all day is helping either.  Especially when those same people walk around the school floor with those same shoes on the rest of the day.  

Corona or not, get some skin coat and then make sure your kids clean themselves really well right after they are done.  It’s just the better approach to prevention many skin and health issue from spreading.  Be nice if they cleaned the mats more often plus encouraged everyone to clean their shoes prior to stepping on the mats if they wore them on the gym floor prior, but you can only do so much.  

Unfortunately the media is responsible for the panic.  Businesses and retirement accounts and people’s lives are being disrupted by this panic.  As someone who is in the health care industry, we as a society and our media should have this same passion for encouraging those same people who are at risk of COVID-19 to go and get their flu shots every year.  It’s those with compromised immune systems, the elderly and those with COPD that are most at risk.   The main issue with an outbreak is the transmission from healthy individuals to those who are compromised.  Instead of keeping a wrestler from going to state, how about we tell grandma and grandpa to stay at home.  If the media had its way, every Walmart in the country should be closed to keep this virus from spreading.  

Edited by #TheBrand

14 minutes ago, #TheBrand said:

Unfortunately the media is responsible for the panic.  Businesses and retirement accounts and people’s lives are being disrupted by this panic.  As someone who is in the health care industry, we as a society and our media should have this same passion for encouraging those same people who are at risk of COVID-19 to go and get their flu shots every year.  It’s those with compromised immune systems, the elderly and those with COPD that are most at risk.   The main issue with an outbreak is the transmission from healthy individuals to those who are compromised.  Instead of keeping a wrestler from going to state, how about we tell grandma and grandpa to stay at home.  If the media had its way, every Walmart in the country should be closed to keep this virus from spreading.  

The flu sure as hell won't be taking the day off! 

Interested in this as well. Especially since the Avon  child tested positive and they closed down. I get the preventive measures (washing hands, defense wipes,etc) but  the kids are wrestling head -to- head, literally and figuratively😁, not sure how much help they will be. 

Edited by John Thornton

6 hours ago, Clint Gard said:

Might not be the ISWA's choice if schools start shutting down and WC becomes one of them.  This could get stupid.

You mean we may have to actually hold our state tournament in an actual arena venue and not in school cafeterias???  Maybe some good will come from all of this non-sense!  Eville Ford Center, FW Coliseum, state fairgrounds? All venues would be an upgrade.  And don’t tell me they are not big enough. Make it something special for state.  Hell Fri-Sun.  All finals and placement matches on the final day.  

1 hour ago, #TheBrand said:

You mean we may have to actually hold our state tournament in an actual arena venue and not in school cafeterias???  Maybe some good will come from all of this non-sense!  Eville Ford Center, FW Coliseum, state fairgrounds? All venues would be an upgrade.  And don’t tell me they are not big enough. Make it something special for state.  Hell Fri-Sun.  All finals and placement matches on the final day.  

I like the way you think!

9 hours ago, graham said:

I never saw any reports on how the Avon child contracted the virus.  We’re they out of the country?  Were their parents?  Anybody know?

The first student was a child of one of the two adults that contracted, that attended the "Boston Meeting". Now there is a second student.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.