Top 10 Wrestling Events in Indiana

Bill Waltons list of best wrestling events in Indiana:

IHSAA State Tournament- Greatest wrestling tournament in the history of western civilization.

ISWA Folkstyle State- Best Wrestling you will ever see on the planet.

IHSWCA Team State- Better than a grateful dead concert with Jerry at his peak.  Its a big wrestling party,  the pinnacle of wrestling in this country.

IHPO  There is no better wrestling anywhere,  this is the final frontier  of wrestling.  As Jim Morrison told me once you cant get much higher than this.

AL Smith- The Grand Canyon of wrestling events,  the ultimate prize.

Mater Dei Classic-  Nothing emphasizes the hope, peace  and love of wrestling more than this. Only the luckiest wrestling fans get to see this cosmic event.

ISWA Freestyle The best spectacle of wrestling ever in the Hoosier state.

IHSAA Semi-State The Mecca of wrestling, you have to take this journey to see the best wrestling and become a true aware wrestling fan.

25 minutes ago, VintageGhost said:

I would put any middle school JV tournament above Girls State. 

Its growing. Probably, one the best Girls State Championships in the nation. With Girls wrestling on the rise nationwide, we have taken a huge step forward. I can see more and more girls getting college money to wrestle. For these reasons, I see this as a significant event. I'm sure that the girls and the families of the girls that participate in this event, do not share your opinion. Due to the impact that it has on the growth of girls wrestling and the impact on the participants, it makes my list. 

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

Its growing. Probably, one the best Girls State Championships in the nation. With Girls wrestling on the rise nationwide, we have taken a huge step forward. I can see more and more girls getting college money to wrestle. For these reasons, I see this as a significant event. I'm sure that the girls and the families of the girls that participate in this event, do not share your opinion. Due to the impact that it has on the growth of girls wrestling and the impact on the participants, it makes my list. 

I am hoping VintageGhost was being facetious. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.