Jump to content

Indiana Wrestling Awards


Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

With the IndianaMat awards everyone that wins gets a physical award. The less awards, the more prestige involved also. Not saying we won't add some, but right now we have a good number of them.

Ah, that makes sense. Much respect to you guys and for creating this platform.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, blueandgold said:

Last thing, here is a short list of some of my highest rated matches I’ve seen live with the exception of anything pre-2012 (watched on YouTube).

 

Highest Rated Matches

 

4.5 STARS

  • Joe Walker vs. McCartney Parkinson (State Finals Day 1, 2020)

  • Tyler Jones vs. Garrett Stuckman (State Finals Day 1, 2020)

  • Jordan Slivka vs. Donnell Washington (State Finals Day 2, 2019)

  • Elliott Rodgers vs. Cooper Noehre (State Finals Day 2, 2019)

  • Alex Cartwright vs. Jamichael Watts (State Finals Day 2, 2019)

  • Cooper Noehre vs. Elliott Rodgers (New Castle Semi-State, 2019)

  • Matt Lee vs. Aiden Warren (EMD-PM January Dual, 2019)

  • Jordan Slivka vs. Brooks Davis (Al Smith Day 2, 2018)

  • Brayden Littell vs. Riley Bettich (Al Smith Day 2, 2018)

  • Brenden Black vs. Kris Rumph (Harvest Classic, 2016)

  • Robert Samuels vs. Sean Galligar (State Finals Day 2, 2016)

  • Dylan Lydy vs. Ben Harvey (State Finals Day 2, 2015)

  • Breyden Bailey vs. Cornelious Elliott (New Castle Semi-State, 2015)

  • Nathon Trawick vs. Chris Ridle (New Castle Semi-State, 2015)

  • Deondre Wilson vs. Brandon James (State Finals Day 2, 2014)

  • Fletcher Miller vs. Connor Tolley (State Finals Day 2, 2014)

  • Neal Molloy vs. Eli Walker (State Finals Day 2, 2013)

  • Nick Crume vs. Luke Welch (State Finals Day 2, 2013)

  • Vinny Corsaro vs. Isaiah Bradley (State Finals Day 2, 2013)

  • Dylan Faulkenburg vs. Maximiliano Hernandez (Perry Meridian Regional, 2013)

  • Daniel Young vs. Gavin McGinley (State Finals Day 2, 2009)

 

 

 

 

Technically it was December 2018, but that's splitting hairs...     Here is the video for those that haven't seen the match.  Shot from the stands so not the best video.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Technically it was December 2018, but that's splitting hairs...     Here is the video for those that haven't seen the match.  Shot from the stands so not the best video.

 

 

Thank you for the clarification and the link!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blueandgold said:

Our Match of the Year for the 2019-20 season...

 

Joseph Walker vs. Macartney Parkinson

IHSAA State Finals Day 1, Indianapolis, IN, February 21

 

 

Campbell vs Ayersman and Petrov were instant classics..04 State finals Pingleton vs Elkins 10-9 master piece is a very underrated match..a.j black vs Curtis HHC championship is 1 that for anybody that seen it will tell you was EPIC.. better than both their finals matches combined Imho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Campbell vs Ayersman and Petrov were instant classics..04 State finals Pingleton vs Elkins 10-9 master piece is a very underrated match..a.j black vs Curtis HHC championship is 1 that for anybody that seen it will tell you was EPIC.. better than both their finals matches combined Imho.

 

That's how I feel about the Wilson/James semi-state championship match. 2013-14 and 2014-15 were two years of absolutely incredible wrestling, both on the state level and nationally. The Wilson/James 6-5 semi-state match was near perfect. It had the drama, excitement, scrambles, technique, and attitude. The only match better than it that year was LeCount vs. Forte at Bellmont. A true five-star match and was miles better than their finals match at state. The score was 6-5 in the third before LeCount shook him off and cradled him up for the fall. Also, for anyone interested in watching my 2012 Match of the Year, the link is right here.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

 

That's how I feel about the Wilson/James semi-state championship match. 2013-14 and 2014-15 were two years of absolutely incredible wrestling, both on the state level and nationally. The Wilson/James 6-5 semi-state match was near perfect. It had the drama, excitement, scrambles, technique, and attitude. The only match better than it that year was LeCount vs. Forte at Bellmont. A true five-star match and was miles better than their finals match at state. The score was 6-5 in the third before LeCount shook him off and cradled him up for the fall. Also, for anyone interested in watching my 2012 Match of the Year, the link is right here.

 

 

That Boston crab looked painful! Campbell 1 best to never win 1! Henry county/NC  has 5 of those candidates imho.. and i'm not just saying that cuz i'm a homer..A.j black 2x Runner up with tragic circumstances and no senior seasonl,Mullins 4x medalist Runner up along with 20ish iswa state titles..Jaggers 4x SQ 3x medalist and runner up to Angel career record 210-12... Campbell 2x runner up and highly nationally ranked..Mac Taylor 4x medalist and 1 time HS national record Wins 221-8

Winning 50+ matches all 4 seasons and exactly 2 losses every season.. 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

That Boston crab looked painful! Campbell 1 best to never win 1! Henry county/NC  has 5 of candidates imho.. and i'm not just saying that cuz i'm a homer..A.j black 2x Runner up with tragic circumstances and no senior seasonl,Mullins 4x medalist Runner up along with 20ish iswa state titles..Jaggers 4x SQ 3x medalist and runner up to Angel career record 210-12... Campbell 2x runner up and highly nationally ranked..Mac Taylor 4x medalist and 1 time HS national record Wins 221-8

Winning 50+ matches all 4 seasons and exactly 2 losses every season.. 

I remember Mullins. New Castle had some unreal talents. I remember the Decker brothers too, and they were more solid than I feel they get credit for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

I remember Mullins. New Castle had some unreal talents. I remember the Decker brothers too, and they were more solid than I feel they get credit for.

Jon was a title contender his senior year with only loss going into SS ws to cathedrals Willis in a war.. he was upset in the ticket round..Fellers and Catron are 2 other 1s that were nails as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

That Boston crab looked painful! Campbell 1 best to never win 1! Henry county/NC  has 5 of those candidates imho.. and i'm not just saying that cuz i'm a homer..A.j black 2x Runner up with tragic circumstances and no senior seasonl,Mullins 4x medalist Runner up along with 20ish iswa state titles..Jaggers 4x SQ 3x medalist and runner up to Angel career record 210-12... Campbell 2x runner up and highly nationally ranked..Mac Taylor 4x medalist and 1 time HS national record Wins 221-8

Winning 50+ matches all 4 seasons and exactly 2 losses every season.. 

 

I'd throw an honorable mention out for Cory Cook as Henry County/New Castle specific. 3x qualifier 2x placer

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, greco165 said:

 

I'd throw an honorable mention out for Cory Cook as Henry County/New Castle specific. 3x qualifier 2x placer

I'll also honorable mention Jeremiah Wills for every time he made 103, that was a dead man walking looking like Skeletor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, greco165 said:

I'll also honorable mention Jeremiah Wills for every time he made 103, that was a dead man walking looking like Skeletor.

Lol I ws the 1 who took Wills spot when he got hurt his senior year aka my freshman year..Cook was a stud 4sho.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.