Longest Pin at State

Jcjcjc

Walker recorded a fall in 7:50 Friday night. Has anyone ever had a fall in a longer amount of time at the state tournament? 

I had one in 7:38 back in the two minute sudden victory days, and I was joking that it was the longest pin ever, but Walker has this weird title.

Anyway, can somebody top it? Any match that is close is probably a great moment.

1 hour ago, tangarrray said:

Neutral to start then flip coin for choice then alternating choice for third period. If still tied there was a referee's decision I believe this ended around 85

There was criteria used, I lost a sectional championship match based on giving up the first takedown in the first period of regulation time. It’s basically like when a dual is tied and they go thru the criteria to determine the winner. 

Edited by RASSLER4LIFE

3 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

What was the 1-1-1 format? 

The 1-1-1 format was like another match. No sudden death or so on. At the end of first 1 they’d flip the disk and you’d go from there. I believe there was only one year where they had referees decision which was in fact 1990. I lost in sectional finals that year on a referees decision. Score was tied at the end of OT. Some sort of criteria was involved. Not sure on exact criteria. 

On 3/2/2020 at 12:36 PM, Slappy White said:

If I remember correctly Richie Diggs pinned himself. 😳

I never saw the match but as I heard the story Riggs was too high with both legs in sitting on his butt and Wildeman grabbed his head and pushed Digg's shoulders to the mat. Wildeman may have wiggled a bit to get into position but that's the story told to me. MD coaches taught the "move" and called it Richie Diggs.

20 hours ago, Brey said:

The 1-1-1 format was like another match. No sudden death or so on. At the end of first 1 they’d flip the disk and you’d go from there. I believe there was only one year where they had referees decision which was in fact 1990. I lost in sectional finals that year on a referees decision. Score was tied at the end of OT. Some sort of criteria was involved. Not sure on exact criteria. 

I know throughout the 70’s (and maybe late 60’s???) they had the 1-1-1 format for OT.  (There was no OT in duals, matches just ended in draws.). During the 1-1-1 overtime, there were 2 extra refs just observing.  If the scored was tied at the end of OT, the three refs conferred and decided a winner based on who was the most aggressive wrestler during OT.  At that point in time there were no official criteria such as 1st takedown.

4 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

I never saw the match but as I heard the story Riggs was too high with both legs in sitting on his butt and Wildeman grabbed his head and pushed Digg's shoulders to the mat. Wildeman may have wiggled a bit to get into position but that's the story told to me. MD coaches taught the "move" and called it Richie Diggs.

That’s exactly right. Chris had the flu all weekend and had nothing left.  Chris got his head ended the match with a pin. 

Edited by IU89

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.