2020/2021 Coach Openings?

dE-133

Does anyone know of any schools that will be in need of a coach for the next year?  I am a couple years into coaching and am wanting to find a young team no matter the past level of success.  I know the sport of wrestling very well and have experience at the college level.  If anyone knows of any openings I would greatly appreciate it if you reach out!  Thank you! 

13 minutes ago, MattM said:

Some questions that may help people with this.

What area are you living in?

Do you have a teaching license?

What level of coaching are you looking for?  Head/Assistant. HS/MS/Youth/Volunteer

I am currently living and from Southern Indiana, but I am not settled here, I would actually prefer moving somewhere else.  I do not have a teaching license yet but I am in the process of completing it and am planning to be done by December it will be for biology.  I am wanting a HS position and would definitely prefer a head coach job, however if coming in as an assistant for a year or two before a coach leaves to get a feel for the program is necessary than I would be up for that.  

12 minutes ago, GG19 said:

Do you need to have a teaching license to be an assistant coach for a HS? And do you need a teaching license to be a head coach for a MS team?

No, not at most schools.  But being a staff member in the school system tends to help your cause in getting the job. 

Most schools hold the policy that a school employee gets a position over a none school employee. I fact my school post every position every year that isn't held by a school employee. If no school employee applies for it they give the position back to the previous holder if they still want it. If they dont its opened to anybody. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.