Off-Season Gorilla Radio

Y2CJ41

We are wanting to continue our show, possibly every other week or more just depending upon the time of the year. Since it is the off-season there is a lot less news and stuff going on so I want to bring on some guests.

Who would you want to hear from? Are there any topics you would like to see Mike and I or someone else discuss? I am always up for ideas, so list them...the good and bad ones.

Just a note, @3xStateChamp does not have Skype and thus cannot be on.

Get together 2 or 3 of the guys from some of those great teams of the past like Mater Dei 2003 and let them talk about what their 4 years was like, where they went after HS and what they are up to now

Maybe also track down some state winners from way back when 60s? 70s? and have them talk about what the wrestling world was like back in the old days

20 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

We are wanting to continue our show, possibly every other week or more just depending upon the time of the year. Since it is the off-season there is a lot less news and stuff going on so I want to bring on some guests.

Who would you want to hear from? Are there any topics you would like to see Mike and I or someone else discuss? I am always up for ideas, so list them...the good and bad ones.

I'd like to hear from Bill Flatt, Doug Smoker, Julio Cisneros, Eric McGill, Brennan Cosgrove, Zack Whickar and Brian Weaver for starters.

Get some different perspectives: 

Established top program HS coach, up and coming young HS coaches turning around programs, small HS program growing the sport, representatives from different hotness of wrestling in the state, academy coach about youth progress, referee perspective, college coach of all divisions, college athlete about their recruitment process and season grind, women’s wrestling info, ISWA progress and future plans, IHSAA member on their insite into wrestlings future, a few shows about some of the historical moments and old timer stories, heck get some other states (GA, CO, etc.) on here to hear about how they have made progress over last 10 years, etc.  

It maybe nice for fans of the state series from some of the prior books about Indiana wrestling.  Joe I know you have the same book I do, so there is plenty of info to pull from there to talk about. Not to mention getting someone’s to speak of the wrestling team dynasties of the past.  

Edited by MattM

It would be so cool if you guys cover big off season tournaments like Central Regionals, fargo, flo nationals, and Disney Duals Just to name a few. I don't mean the whole tournaments i know that would be too much, im just talking about covering on the indiana wrestlers/teams

50 minutes ago, GG19 said:

It would be so cool if you guys cover big off season tournaments like Central Regionals, fargo, flo nationals, and Disney Duals Just to name a few. I don't mean the whole tournaments i know that would be too much, im just talking about covering on the indiana wrestlers/teams

We do provide coverage of most if not all those events. We usually tweet all Indiana results from those events also.

I like the idea mentioned about bringing on legendary wrestlers and coaches.. Have like a Q and A type episodes so ppl that are newer to the sport that wanna hear insight about the eras before they got involved... plus old school fans can chime in and drum up memories with the legends and get their insight on the evolution of the sport and their involvement.

Plus i'm a firm believer in preserving the culture and brotherhood of the sport as a whole.. even bring on new legendary wrestlers along with say the champs from their same weight class but from the early 2000s and before to talk about the similarities and differences among eras and how we got from then to now... imagine getting Ellis and Alex Tsirtsis on at same time and talk about how the pioneers gave the future studs something to shoot for and how it affected their quests.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Just now, JMILL said:

@UncleJimmy probably is too busy to suggest that I sit in for a Q&A session on all things ISWA, but let me know guys when I am getting scheduled so I can clear my calendar.

Not too busy..just thought you were with the new gig!! But yes, a JMILL ISWA session would be wonderful. I support the ISWA!

On 2/27/2020 at 11:37 PM, Y2CJ41 said:

Click, Spin, Click, Spin, Click, Spin 

Wooooooooo........  Bang! Bang! Bang! 

Pistol, is your Huckleberry on this Sky Pee thing . Spit !  

Pistol can answer all you’ins questions about 34x National Champs Oklahoma State Wrestling . 

Pistol can answer all you’ins questions about the 6x world champion and 2x Olympic Champ Great John Smith and how Pistol took down The Great John Smith with his own patented sweep single while he was hopping on my horse. I gave myself 2 cause I touched his leg see.... listen here ! Pistol won !     Spit ! What you denying I score on him ... Click ! Animated GIF

So anyways .... anytime you’ins want the fastest trigger finger in the gawd dang history of Earth on you’ins show .... Pistol Pete . Pistol will come on in Blazin with 2 Colt 45’s . Don’t make Pistol pull the trigger varmints !  

Wooooooo......  Bang ! Bang Bang ! 

Pistol Pete 

12 minutes ago, cbarnett said:

How about Jim Russell appearing to promote the recruitment of new officials?

This! I"m trying to get LittleJimmy interested in this with his last year on the horizon. If these young dudes don't start early, they more likely never will. It's hard to see the video's of psycho parents/participants going berserk and wanting to be a part of that for $50. I know, I did little league for about 5 years and the pain just didn't offset the pay anymore, and I don't think I totally sucked. 

I know there is the scholarships available but there needs to be some outside the box thinking to get a whole lot of newcomers to start soon, because let's face it, not all pan out or continue on so the more the better. 

We'll set them up to pay for their license, invite them to the 5-6 meetings that we hold each year and assign them to a mentor(s) so that they can shadow and tag along to matches and work in from start to finish. Cheapest Saturday tournament I had all season was $250, and it's usually $65-$75 for a weeknight event. Pocket change to be made, plus you get in free and you get free food :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.