Sortable Team State Qualification Leaderboard (all classes)

maligned

Here's the final Team State Qualification Leaderboard for all classes in an Excel file for your enjoyment.

Many thanks to Paul Soos, Brandon Razo, and Bruce Wood for their diligent data collection over the state tournament series. You guys have no idea what data wizards are behind the Team State qualification process. Amazing work, guys!

Team State Qualification Final Leaderboard 2020.xlsx

So if Boonville gets voted in for 2A, that will make 4 teams from the newly expanded Pocket athletic Conference (PAC) participating at team state next season. That would bring the number of previous PAC teams participating at team state to 8

heritage hills

gibson southern

tecumseh

southridge

north posey

tell city

Mt Vernon (new PAC team)

possibly Boonville (new PAC team)

i know this this is silly question, but does that make the PAC the best wrestling conference in Indiana? :)

im kidding, but that is a pretty interesting statistic. What are the most teams from other conferences to have qualified?

9 hours ago, jpt189 said:

So if Boonville gets voted in for 2A, that will make 4 teams from the newly expanded Pocket athletic Conference (PAC) participating at team state next season. That would bring the number of previous PAC teams participating at team state to 8

heritage hills

gibson southern

tecumseh

southridge

north posey

tell city

Mt Vernon (new PAC team)

i know this this is silly question, but does that make the PAC the best wrestling conference in Indiana? :)

im kidding, but that is a pretty interesting statistic. What are the most teams from other conferences to have qualified?

The NECC is the toughest, they had two #IndianaMat wrestlers of the year.

For 1A, just to clarify...Top 10 are locked in...Last two are voted in>? Are only the next 4 teams in green considered? 

Cascade number 15 on the bubble is a very young team with a difficult route to score points, Mooresville Sectional, Mooresville Regional, Evv Semi State...

These kids are hungry to get into this tourney and make some noise.

12 hours ago, jpt189 said:

heritage hills

gibson southern

tecumseh

southridge

north posey

tell city

Mt Vernon (new PAC team)

ACAC has 7 member schools. 
5 have participated recently. 
Adams Central, South Adams, and Jay County this year. 
Southern Wells last year. 
Bluffton next season. 

NECC has had great representation in 1A and 2A over the years. I believe they have had at least 6 of their schools participate. 

3 hours ago, 84Coach said:

For 1A, just to clarify...Top 10 are locked in...Last two are voted in>? Are only the next 4 teams in green considered? 

Cascade number 15 on the bubble is a very young team with a difficult route to score points, Mooresville Sectional, Mooresville Regional, Evv Semi State...

These kids are hungry to get into this tourney and make some noise.

There isn't a set number of teams considered. In every class, it's the first two highest scoring available teams plus the teams within 15 points of the second available candidate. That can mean 3 teams or 12 teams depending on the class and the year. 

It's true, by the way, that Cascade has a very difficult road. It's because of that fact that the Top 5 at their sectional receive regional qualifier points. And at their regional, Top SIX get semi-state qualifier points. Many regionals only get semi-state qualifier points for placing top 3 at any give weight. One regional this year even needed its teams to be top 2 to receive semi-state qualifier points. 

9 hours ago, jetwrestling said:

ACAC has 7 member schools. 
5 have participated recently. 
Adams Central, South Adams, and Jay County this year. 
Southern Wells last year. 
Bluffton next season. 

NECC has had great representation in 1A and 2A over the years. I believe they have had at least 6 of their schools participate. 

I always thought that it was pretty cool that the NECC has had a team wrestle in the championship match every year that the team state has been around, I am pretty sure it is the only conference in the state that can say that.

In terms of representation- Heights, Garrett, Busco, CN, Eastside, Fremont, and Westview have all been there.

Edited by ENoblewrestling
clarification

The commitment it takes to obtain, sort and formulate all this information is very special!  The love it takes for y'all to dedicate yourself to this never ending task speaks volumes about your devotion to the sport.. And the way its broken down into layman's terms is even more impressive!  Without y'all we as a state wouldn't be evolving and improving at the rate we are... This stuff is every bit important as what a good coach does for his guys and i'm sure y'all are too involved with teaching wrestlers on top of compiling this plethora amount of data is another testament to the tireless work y'all put in.. that's why it's up to us coaches, parents and supporters to chip with results,info on our teams and individuals and to never take what these guys do for granted!  I know it's not much but I got 1k nanners for each 1 of y'all Johnny5 shortcircuit"need more input" gurus! Keep it up and thank you! 

Sitting on the bubble at #13 in 2A (Northwestern), hopefully we can get a little bit of a boost due to the injury factor for next season‘s team state. We had a returning Sophomore (Regional Qualifier / Silas Phillips) out of our lineup after his first match for the rest of the season due to an injury in our first dual.  Also an incoming Freshman / Cole Cardwell, who placed very high at middle school state the year before, due to an ACL injury in the last football game.  He would have made a huge difference in our lineup & scoring.

I realize every team had some sort of injuries this season but with us being so close to qualifying for team state without our best returning lineup, I thought I would mention it here.

Thanks, Coach Swinson 

Northwestern Head Wrestling Coach

1 hour ago, Coach Swinson said:

Sitting on the bubble at #13 in 2A (Northwestern), hopefully we can get a little bit of a boost due to the injury factor for next season‘s team state. We had a returning Sophomore (Regional Qualifier / Silas Phillips) out of our lineup after his first match for the rest of the season due to an injury in our first dual.  Also an incoming Freshman / Cole Cardwell, who placed very high at middle school state the year before, due to an ACL injury in the last football game.  He would have made a huge difference in our lineup & scoring.

I realize every team had some sort of injuries this season but with us being so close to qualifying for team state without our best returning lineup, I thought I would mention it here.

Thanks, Coach Swinson 

Northwestern Head Wrestling Coach

You'll have a chance to fill out paperwork outlining these situations once the automatic bids have been finalized.

1 hour ago, Coach Swinson said:

Will the IHSWCA send out the forms or will we get them off this site?  Thanks for the information.

Greg will send them out to each coach and AD by email.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.