History Questions

blueandgold

I’m a big wrestling historian and junkie. I treat it like I do another school subject or any hobby that I enjoy and I try to learn about it as much as I can and go as deep as possible.

Just over the weekend, I had talked with Eric Aue from Perry Meridian about some old names I heard about through my years and what certain teams were like, and he offered to let me watch some film/VHS tapes of duals and tournaments and I was wondering if the guys from New Castle had any old footage they’d be willing to upload.

Coach Peckinpaugh is a respected name around this state and I see he’s not only the state leader but a national leader in dual wins with 1001, and after being at New Castle so many times, I’ve always wanted to ask or inquire with someone about what that program was like. I’ve talked to Nick Hull and Absolom Bryant about guys like Mac Taylor and Bubba Dickerson (who Bryant said was an unreal heavyweight with an unfortunate end to his career). Hull had said Taylor was one of the toughest wrestlers he’d ever seen. I came into the sport around the time of Brenden Campbell was ending his career and I remember he had a thriller with Paul Petrov at state one year that was like a 25-point match.

If any New Castle guys could message me to answer some questions, I’d greatly appreciate it.

11 hours ago, blueandgold said:

I’m a big wrestling historian and junkie. I treat it like I do another school subject or any hobby that I enjoy and I try to learn about it as much as I can and go as deep as possible.

Just over the weekend, I had talked with Eric Aue from Perry Meridian about some old names I heard about through my years and what certain teams were like, and he offered to let me watch some film/VHS tapes of duals and tournaments and I was wondering if the guys from New Castle had any old footage they’d be willing to upload.

Coach Peckinpaugh is a respected name around this state and I see he’s not only the state leader but a national leader in dual wins with 1001, and after being at New Castle so many times, I’ve always wanted to ask or inquire with someone about what that program was like. I’ve talked to Nick Hull and Absolom Bryant about guys like Mac Taylor and Bubba Dickerson (who Bryant said was an unreal heavyweight with an unfortunate end to his career). Hull had said Taylor was one of the toughest wrestlers he’d ever seen. I came into the sport around the time of Brenden Campbell was ending his career and I remember he had a thriller with Paul Petrov at state one year that was like a 25-point match.

If any New Castle guys could message me to answer some questions, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Peck has millions of VHS... send me any questions you wanna know and i'll answer to the best of my ability.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.