‘19 champs vs ‘20

Jayruss

16 hours ago, ShawSki said:

I’d say  Dickens over Slivka.. 
it’s a toss up depending on which Slivka shows up..

My Guess is the 2x State Champ would show up, DUH. This one is not even close. Even If the “other Slivka” shows up, (whoever the hell that is), still not close. 

1 hour ago, TysonNisley said:

Slivka beat #2 in the nation and Penn State commit Trey Kibe at Disney Duals, and of course beat a seemingly unbeatable DJ Washington at state. Dickens is good, but I would choose Slivka to win that match without even thinking twice.

Washington was nationally ranked as well! 

Dickens NOR slivka smoke either one. They are both great wrestlers. Dickens would control neutral game, slivka would control the top game. The kid was down by 5 to my buddy DJ at state and came back to win because of his brutal top game. It’s really a toss up. Dickens could win 5 and slivka could win 5 in 10 matches.

Slivka is one of the best big match wrestlers in Indiana history. He had wins over multiple top ranked high schoolers last year. And has beaten more of those guys this year. He just gets the job done. Slivka is a hammer on top and underrated on his feet. I’m unaware of any national ranked kids that Dickens has beat. Slivka has beaten a handful. With that said, that’s the reason that Slivka gets my nod. I’m using logic and facts.

EMD fans are pumped for their guy. As they should be. Again, silly debate but a fun one. Obviously the Dickens win is fresh and 90 percent of EMD fans will give Dickens the nod. It is what it is. 

With all of that said, most posters on here have never won a title and will never have family member win a title. They will never know the joy or help put the work in to win a title. So.. when you get on here and say a KID will smoke another KID, it is kinda insulting to a family that actually put in the work, took the kid to privates, took the kid to academy, took the kid all over the USA, the money that was spent, the sleep that was missed, the days of work missed, the tudors that were payed for, getting up at 5:00am to help the kid work out and meal prep, the “vacation” time that was spent in the middle of Iowa. So before you go off running your mouth behind your anonymous screen name, be considerate of what people went through and know that they are prideful. Make your logical picks or homer picks, but you need to be respectful of other people’s sacrifices. Calm down cowboys. 

Just my two cents. 

Edited by Mattyb

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

With all of that said, most posters on here have never won a title and will never have family member win a title. They will never know the joy or help put the work in to win a title. So.. when you get on here and say a KID will smoke another KID, it is kinda insulting to a family that actually put in the work, took the kid to privates, took the kid to academy, took the kid all over the USA, the money that was spent, the sleep that was missed, the days of work missed, the tudors that were payed for, getting up at 5:00am to help the kid work out and meal prep, the “vacation” time that was spent in the middle of Iowa. So before you go off running your mouth behind your anonymous screen name, be considerate of what people went through and know that they are prideful. Make your logical picks or homer picks, but you need to be respectful of other people’s sacrifices. Calm down cowboys. 

Just my two cents. 

evil on fire GIF
oh....... my ......... god ...... @Mattyb on 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 

Slivka was hurt with a broken rib last year and still beat Donnell Washington who was nationally ranked, considered the best in the state at the time, and lets not forget he got 6th in the midlands this year at 174, there is not another Slivka than A game Slivka while under the lights. 

Edited by FunkItUP

1 hour ago, Jimtown 138 said:

I don't think this is the "7th Annual for Past & Present State Champions Thread". It goes back a bit further than that...

Please read my hole post , you’ll see ***________*** 

read what those are for 

ryan reynolds facepalm GIF

~~~~>> ***since I’ve joined the Ruckus in 2013*** <<~~~~~

Edited by TeamGarcia
Post not Thread .... duh

2 hours ago, FunkItUP said:

Brewer over Walker any day, he straight handled his partner last year and beat Donahue who is now a national prep champion... Kinda clueless on why anyone would say walker.

I would say that Walker has jumped some levels. He had some great wins over the summer and kept the train rolling through an injury that would put out most. So I can see it. 

11 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Slivka is one of the best big match wrestlers in Indiana history. He had wins over multiple top ranked high schoolers last year. And has beaten more of those guys this year. He just gets the job done. Slivka is a hammer on top and underrated on his feet. I’m unaware of any national ranked kids that Dickens has beat. Slivka has beaten a handful. With that said, that’s the reason that Slivka gets my nod. I’m using logic and facts.

EMD fans are pumped for their guy. As they should be. Again, silly debate but a fun one. Obviously the Dickens win is fresh and 90 percent of EMD fans will give Dickens the nod. It is what it is. 

Just my two cents. 

1 of the best posts I've ever seen on here and this honestly should be something all of us live by..

7 hours ago, FunkItUP said:

Brewer over Walker any day, he straight handled his partner last year and beat Donahue who is now a national prep champion... Kinda clueless on why anyone would say walker.

Brewer ws a absolute monster at 182 and the picture of him flexing like the hulk after he won gives me nightmares and I'm not even wrestling him😂 And he's gotten even better and is 19-3 as a redshirt freshman with some really good wins and open titles!

Agree with @Mattyb. Shoot some people who never won a state title thought my brother would get smoked his senior year by a couple kids. There is a reason why these kids are state champs and some of them highly ranked in the country. I think it’s silly to say one state champ would smoke another. 

I don’t find this thread silly, I enjoy the what if scenarios and the discussion on why someone chose that outcome. 

On 2/25/2020 at 10:41 AM, FunkItUP said:

Slivka was hurt with a broken rib last year and still beat Donnell Washington who was nationally ranked, considered the best in the state at the time, and lets not forget he got 6th in the midlands this year at 174, there is not another Slivka than A game Slivka while under the lights. 

Why are you talking about yourself in third person dude...

On 2/25/2020 at 5:49 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Brewer ws a absolute monster at 182 and the picture of him flexing like the hulk after he won gives me nightmares and I'm not even wrestling him😂 And he's gotten even better and is 19-3 as a redshirt freshman with some really good wins and open titles!

Thanks appreciate it a lot, with this being said I feel like i've got 100x better since last year at state and Walker is pretty good, I guess the only way to find out is at an open next year.

3 minutes ago, OUBrewer said:

Thanks appreciate it a lot, with this being said I feel like i've got 100x better since last year at state and Walker is pretty good, I guess the only way to find out is at an open next year.

Proud of you young man!  I have no doubt you'll succeed and be an all American!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.