Deserving Acknowledgments

Perseverance

On behalf of Silas, myself and the rest of our family....we want to bring awareness to how accommodating the IHSAA was for us this weekend.  All of us (including myself) at times get so caught up in what we feel they do wrong as it pertains to wrestling, we can easily become blinded to the multitude of right they do. Mr. Faulkens seen to it we had All-Access passes, and we’re allowed in our regular seats at our convenience.  That type of gesture deserves a lot of credit.  Because in what is always an extremely exhausting weekend.....factoring my health, my wife having to carry my breathing machine and our youngest daughter, without their philanthropic gesture, this weekend would not have been possible for me.

I also want to commend Jacob Laplace and the Mishawaka Coaching staff.  They had a tremendous gameplan of counter wrestling by the edge of mat to slow Silas’ relentless pace.  We have been friends and thought a lot of Jacob and family going all the way back to 6th grade.  He and Silas were always summer teammates with the Outlaws and forged a bond that continues to this day.  Wrestling Family can be an equal bond as blood at times, because there’s such an understanding of the sacrifice involved for wrestlers, coaches and parents.  We have a lot of genuine love for many of the Caveman faithful.  Specifically the Sandefur’s, Fogarty’s, Walker’s and of course the Laplace family.  
I’m extremely proud of Jacob’s effort.  He wrestled Silas as well as ANYONE has the last 2 yrs.  But more importantly....I’m proud of Jacob as a young man of faith. Indiana Tech stole a diamond in the ruff recruit!  But Coach Pompei will undoubtedly help grow his solid foundation to achieve tremendous things at the next level.

-The Allred’s

I would like to shout out to JORDAN FAULKS of boonville for his 4th place finish that ties a school record for placement at state.

That kid lost an opening semi-state last year and dedicated his whole year to the sport is wrestling and it paid off.

I can say he was ranked 5th and honestly he was the 5th best over all but no matter what some trolls have said through the year about his lack of compatition or what has been said about his coaches .

That kid showed HUGE improvement from last year and us fans expect the experience to push him farther next year.

6 hours ago, Perseverance said:

On behalf of Silas, myself and the rest of our family....we want to bring awareness to how accommodating the IHSAA was for us this weekend.  All of us (including myself) at times get so caught up in what we feel they do wrong as it pertains to wrestling, we can easily become blinded to the multitude of right they do. Mr. Faulkens seen to it we had All-Access passes, and we’re allowed in our regular seats at our convenience.  That type of gesture deserves a lot of credit.  Because in what is always an extremely exhausting weekend.....factoring my health, my wife having to carry my breathing machine and our youngest daughter, without their philanthropic gesture, this weekend would not have been possible for me.

I also want to commend Jacob Laplace and the Mishawaka Coaching staff.  They had a tremendous gameplan of counter wrestling by the edge of mat to slow Silas’ relentless pace.  We have been friends and thought a lot of Jacob and family going all the way back to 6th grade.  He and Silas were always summer teammates with the Outlaws and forged a bond that continues to this day.  Wrestling Family can be an equal bond as blood at times, because there’s such an understanding of the sacrifice involved for wrestlers, coaches and parents.  We have a lot of genuine love for many of the Caveman faithful.  Specifically the Sandefur’s, Fogarty’s, Walker’s and of course the Laplace family.  
I’m extremely proud of Jacob’s effort.  He wrestled Silas as well as ANYONE has the last 2 yrs.  But more importantly....I’m proud of Jacob as a young man of faith. Indiana Tech stole a diamond in the ruff recruit!  But Coach Pompei will undoubtedly help grow his solid foundation to achieve tremendous things at the next level.

-The Allred’s

Saturday was the first time I've seen Silas wrestle and I must WOW that boy was a joy to watch and I look forward to seeing him at the next level.

So as a fan I'd say THANK YOU!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.