Biggest Upsets from State Finals

navy80

1. Mater Dei not winning state as a team! They took 9 and had 9 good chances to win Friday night. 

2. Riley Rust 29-9 over Brock Ellis 49-1 score (5-1)

3. Noah Hollendonner 40-5 over Noehre AND Levits

4. Deters over Calhoun

5. ?

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

1. Mater Dei not winning state as a team! They took 9 and had 9 good chances to win Friday night. 

4. Deters over Calhoun

5. ?

Not to make excuses for anyone, but Cooper did have the flu. Great run by Hollendonner though. Great weekend in general. 

7 hours ago, navy80 said:

4. Deters over Calhoun

5. ?

If Parkinson gets a normal draw and gets past Friday night and places, I wonder how much that would have helped. 

Bauman Friday loss turned out to be not that bad with Jajuan placing 2nd. 

I was amazed at the close matches in some of the finals where couple of guys were up late and then get passive and give up takedowns or just points and lose in the waining moments.

You gotta stay regressive you gotta keep that rythem.

But I will say this year's so very competitive for the most part .

4 hours ago, backtothemat said:

If Parkinson gets a normal draw and gets past Friday night and places, I wonder how much that would have helped. 

Bauman Friday loss turned out to be not that bad with Jajuan placing 2nd. 

If Parkinson gets on the opposite side of the bracket he makes the finals and scores some team points.

Hayhurst and Bauman losing by two points on Friday night definitely cost them as well. Hayhurst was up 4-2 at one point. Bauman was up 5-2 at one point. 

If these two didn't lose their lead and Parkinson gets a better draw they'd place 9. But, woulda coulda shoulda 

Not an excuse either but Ellis was out all week with the flu. Probably about 70%. Not to take anything away from Rust he was wrestling very energized and motivated.

23 hours ago, gogoplata89 said:

Not to make excuses for anyone, but Cooper did have the flu. Great run by Hollendonner though. Great weekend in general. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.