Evansville Semi State 152's Wow!

FCFIGHTER170

3 of the 4 semi finalist are out of the EV SS! Hall is the lone rep from the NCSS and this is a fantastic final 4! I'm rooting for LoBo to advance and take on 1 of his familiar foes in either Kervin or Fulks! Hall vs Boe will be a war and we know the other 2 guys are gonna go all out to get under the lights! Best of luck to everybody and feel free to add past situations where a SS was this dominant in a particular weight!

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

2016 160

1st Jacob Covaciu Merrillville

2nd Burk Vanhorn Franklin Community

3rd Cayden Whitaker Martinsville

4th Gleason Mappes Center Grove

Vanhorn, Whitaker, Mappes from the same sectional.

Vanhorn and Whitaker same conference. 

Vanhorn and Whitaker wrestled 5 times that year going 4-1. Vanhorn won the first one in the dual and Whitaker won the next 4 in a row, but got stuck on the same side of the bracket as Covaciu.

Edited by artesianwrestling

1992 171lb State Finals featured 3 wrestlers from the same Conference.

1st RICO Talamentes FW NorthSide 

2nd Rodney Bolden FW SouthSide

3rd Scott Junk FW Concordia.

interesting stat: Junk got 4th in The Summit Athletic Conference. But got third in state.

Bolden never won a sectional or conference and was 3rd in The Summit Athletic Conference that year but second in State. Junk never beat Talamentes or Bolden in his career.  Junk never beat Melvin Lipscum from Snider either.  Lipscum went 2-2 against Bolden that year including a sectional title. Bolden had 5 loses on the year 3 to Talamentes and 2 to Lipscum. All Junks loses which I believe was 8: all to Bolden, Talmentes and Lipscum.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:45 AM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

3 of the 4 semi finalist are out of the EV SS! Hall is the lone rep from the NCSS and this is a fantastic final 4! I'm rooting for LoBo to advance and take on 1 of his familiar foes in either Kervin or Fulks! Hall vs Boe will be a war and we know the other 2 guys are gonna go all out to get under the lights! Best of luck to everybody and feel free to add past situations where a SS was this dominant in a particular weight!

That's what I was saying after the quarterfinals. EVV Semi-State at 152 was legit! Can't say for sure, but I'm not aware of any other weight/Semi-State producing 3 of the top 4 this year! Not to mention Walker placing 7th. If Fulks, Walker, Law, and Fitts end up at the same weight next year....look out Indiana!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.